PDA

View Full Version : Baciami removal - help

lennyob
2006-09-13, 14:33
My PC has a couple of bugs - SB stops at Baciami, and my browser disconnects after a minute or so, so I can't do online virus scans. In this case, I need to go into MSN setup and re-enable the selected dial up phone numbers, after which it will connect - for another minute.
1) How can I manually remove Baciami?
2) Any idaes about my other bug(s)?
- Lenny

LonnyRJones
2006-09-16, 14:18
Welcome Lenny

What version of SpyBot is it you have ?

Post a HijackThis 1.99.1 log
First Make a new folder, example C:\AntiSpyWare
and download/Save HijackThis, to that new folder.
This is necessary to ensure you have backups should anything go wrong
http://www.merijn.org/files/HijackThis.exe
Double click HijackThis.exe, Hit None of the above, just start the program.
Hit Scan When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button. Press that, save the log somewhere, and please show us its contents.
Most of what it lists will be harmless or even required, so do NOT fix anything yet.

lennyob
2006-09-19, 14:39
I have v 1.3. I can't download the hijack this.exe because I can't get on line. I can't download .exe files to my PC at work.
Can I manually skip over Baciami (bot 502)? I've tried to go to the "skip single entry" function, but it seems it is designed to work when entries from the results list of a scan are highlighted - in other words, the scan has to complete, at which point I would highlight the bots I want to skip? I don't seem to be able to just type in "Baciami" when the scan gets to that hang-point.
Also, when the scan hangs, the "stop scan" button disappears. Usually I have to cut power to the PC and reboot to go anywhere
- Thanks

LonnyRJones
2006-09-19, 19:07
You need to uninstall SpyBot 1.3 and replace it with 1.4 somehow.
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

You will need the Detection updates 2006-09-15 - for the new version to

lennyob
2006-09-25, 15:36
This weekend I set up a DSL connection and was able to update to 1.4. Same deal - it stops dead at "Baciami" I didn't de-install v 1.3. Any ideas?

LonnyRJones
2006-09-25, 18:45
"I didn't de-install v 1.3."
You should have uninstalled old version first

"any ideas" Yes that Hijackthis log

tashi
2006-10-01, 04:19
This topic has been closed to prevent others with similar issues posting in it.
If you need it re-opened please send me or your helper a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread.

Applies only to the original topic starter.