PDA

View Full Version : Spybot 2.5 not accepting licence!

JulianH
2016-05-04, 12:53
I have just updated to Spybot 2.5.42 and it says it is the free version NOT the Pro version. The file spybot2-license.exe when run says that it is licensed but the programme itself doesn't seem to have updated.
Any ideas on curing this problem??

JulianH
2016-05-04, 13:17
I have just updated to Spybot 2.5.42 and it says it is the free version NOT the Pro version. The file spybot2-license.exe when run says that it is licensed but the programme itself doesn't seem to have updated.
Any ideas on curing this problem??

Extra info:

Spybot was updated from 2.4 as I have Windows 10 x64 and the license file asks me if I want to install a new license or keep the existing one. Selecting install new license says it found the programme and would add the license to it, but it doesn't!

Is there any way to cure the problem or do I need to uninstall the programme, remove all Spybot entries in Registry and re-install Spybot???? :sad:

JulianH
2016-05-04, 14:33
Extra info:

Spybot was updated from 2.4 as I have Windows 10 x64 and the license file asks me if I want to install a new license or keep the existing one. Selecting install new license says it found the programme and would add the license to it, but it doesn't!

Is there any way to cure the problem or do I need to uninstall the programme, remove all Spybot entries in Registry and re-install Spybot???? :sad:

Interesting, seems I had two versions of Spybot, uninstalled programme, reinstalled using the post Windows 10 file, ran the license file and all now back to normal. :)

tashi
2016-05-05, 05:50
Hi JulianH,

Thank you for letting us know. :)