PDA

View Full Version : Spy Bot S&D + Trend Micro Pc-cillin Interet Security 2006

alanp1974
2006-09-14, 02:15
Hello

I'm sorry if this is a stupid qsn but I was just wonndering if I will have any issues (compatibility or others) if I have Spy Bot S&D & Trend Micro PC-cillin Interet Security 2006 loaded on my PC (O/S XP PRO) ??
Thnx in advance

tashi
2006-09-14, 08:05
Hi there.

As Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2006 and Spybot-S&D both use 'active protection' you might need to decide which program's real-time protection you wish to be activated.

This is a helpful topic regarding Spybot-S&D.

How Spybot-S&D protects against the installation of Spyware/Malware. (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=281)

Other than taking that into consideration, I am not aware of any conflicts but you could check Trend Micro's FAQS ( Frequently Asked Questions )

Regards. :)

alanp1974
2006-09-15, 09:54
Thnx 4 responding so quickly tashi.
I read the link provided but it was like reading another language.(LOL)Sorry,but my computer skills/knowledge is pathetic.
I can disable Spy Bot S&D 'active protection' & just use it as a scanner provided I update the defintions,right ?
Thnx again

tashi
2006-10-20, 21:23
:oops: Missed this sorry.

I can disable Spy Bot S&D 'active protection' & just use it as a scanner provided I update the defintions,right ?
Thnx again

Yes you can do that. :)

Lord Cobol
2006-10-21, 03:11
I've used them together, with all protections active on both, except I don't use Teatimer. No problems.

PC-cillin-2007 is another matter..... :( Still working on that.

PS - if you can, I suggest using as much "active" protection as possible. Nowdays too many nasties hide themselves using rootkits, so scanning after you get hit won't help as much as a few years ago.

noel-pr7
2006-10-24, 00:51
I use Trend Micro Internet Security [PC-Cillin 11] 2004 with Spybot S&D 1.4 (TeaTimer disabled) and have no problems. both apps are on my Windows XP SP2 and Windows ME machines.

overfield
2006-10-25, 21:54
I currently use Trend Micro Internet Security 2006 and use Spybot 1.4 (previously used 1.3 also)(also prior versions of Trend Micro) together with the Tea Timer ON with no problems. The real time scan isn't always looking for the same things. Trend Micro prior version didn't look for spyware. Spybot has been doing it longer and I think is better at catching spyware, although I highly recommend Trend for viruses! I also use Trend's office products (Office Scan, Scan Mail) on Windows Server 2003 and on Windows 98 & ME machines as well as XP Pro. All run with Spybot Tea Timer and resident IE. Wouldn't dream of running them any other way these days!