PDA

View Full Version : Start up Problems v1.4

skottfree
2005-12-04, 00:03
Having a problem trying to start S&D 1.4!

At first I would get a popup window that just said "ERROR", this would repeat several times until my system would lock up!

Now it just says I am out of resources and that there is an "Exception EReadError in module SYPBOTSD>EXE at 00025a76. Error reading iltoolbar16.pnglmages:invalid ImageList."

Thanks in advance!

Scott

tashi
2005-12-04, 10:59
Hello skottfree.

What is your operating system and is this a sudden problem with Spybot-S&D or did you recently install it.

skottfree
2005-12-04, 19:11
What is your operating system and is this a sudden problem with Spybot-S&D or did you recently install it.

tashi
Running W98, AMD950, 750meg memory 30G HD.

I upgraded from 1.3. Had no problems with 1.3!

If I try to run 1.4 I get popup that just say "ERROR" they say nothing else. If I try to open firefox or IE, after trying to run Spybot, they have errors and must close or don't open at all!

I even deleted 1.3 and 1.4 and did a clean install!

Installed 1.4 on my wife's machine, same setup as mine, started out with similar problem. After restarting her machine it worked! Did the update and it takes about 2 seconds to scan here system. All it finds on her machine is AdAware and stops there!

Thanks

skottfree
2005-12-06, 14:40
So is anyone going to offer any help?:confused:

tashi
2005-12-07, 23:10
Hi there, and sorry for the wait. :)

When you say you deleted version 1.3 did you uninstall as per the following advice?
Uninstalling Previous Spybot-S&D (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/27.html)

Also:

After restarting her machine it worked! Did the update and it takes about 2 seconds to scan here system. All it finds on her machine is AdAware and stops there!

Are these computers networked?

The scan on your wife's computer stops as soon as it finds adware; what is the name of the adware and her Operating System please.

skottfree
2005-12-08, 14:57
Hi there, and sorry for the wait. :)

When you say you deleted version 1.3 did you uninstall as per the following advice?
Uninstalling Previous Spybot-S&D (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/27.html)

Yes, did an uninstall and deleted file!

Also:

Are these computers networked? Yes, only long enough to transfer the download!

The scan on your wife's computer stops as soon as it finds adware; what is the name of the adware and her Operating System please.

Ad-Aware similar to S&D, she has W98!

Peterbennett
2005-12-09, 19:56
I have just started experiencing the exact same problem after updating with new detection rules and the first category (changed to a different server after repeated bad checksum, now I wish had not got the two updates)

Any solution yet?

skottfree
2005-12-12, 17:03
Any solution yet?

Still waiting how about you?:(

skottfree
2005-12-13, 23:56
Hello can anyone help me or not?:confused: :confused: :confused:

spybotsandra
2005-12-14, 10:24
Hello,

Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" and select "Settings" --> "File Sets" in the left bar. There, please right-click somewhere into the list and "select all available checks".

Further do you have a screenshot for us? :-)
So we can see the error message.

Which other security software do you have on the run?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

skottfree
2005-12-14, 14:57
Hello,

Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" and select "Settings" --> "File Sets" in the left bar. There, please right-click somewhere into the list and "select all available checks". I am unable to get that far, if I select anything I get a pop up that says "ERROR" nothing else is displayed in the box except the "OK" button. I select the OK button about 8-10 times and it goes away! If I select or try anything else the "ERROR" box returns:confused: :confused:

Further do you have a screenshot for us? :-)
So we can see the error message. I am not sure how to do a screen shot! As I said above the box that pops up that says "ERROR" nothing else is displayed in the box except the "OK" button :eek:

Which other security software do you have on the run? Just Ad-aware

Additionally from my first post! "Now it just says I am out of resources and that there is an "Exception EReadError in module SYPBOTSD>EXE at 00025a76. Error reading iltoolbar16.pnglmages:invalid ImageList."" If this is any help!

captain_gut
2005-12-15, 13:45
I am not sure how to do a screen shot! As I said above the box that pops up that says "ERROR" nothing else is displayed in the box except the "OK" button

In order to do a screenshot just hit the "Print" key when the error message is being displayed. Then run Microsoft Paint and select "File" --> "New". Now you can paste the screenshot either via the menu "Edit" --> "Paste" or by pressting Ctrl and v at the same time. This will paste the screenshot into the picture - now save it (preferably as .jpg or .png).

Please attach this picture to a post here.

skottfree
2005-12-15, 14:50
Well let's hope being able to solve my problem is not based on a screen shot of an error message that only says "ERROR"

Tried to do the screen shot and was not able to up load it as the limit on file size is 39.1k! :eek:

md usa spybot fan
2005-12-15, 16:02
Making the image small enough to attach:
Using Microsoft Paint, open the image that you created following captain_gut’s instructions. In the left pane of the screen is the tools menu. Click on the Select tool in the upper right corner of the tools menu (dotted rectangle). Using this tool surround a smaller portion of the original screen (right click and drag), when you have the portion of the image surrounded that you what to show Copy (Ctrl+C or Edit menu Copy) then open a new Paint session and Paste (Ctrl+V or Edit menu Paste) the image into it.

As an alternative use Alt+Print Screen when the Error message is being displayed and only the open window will be copied to the clipboard. However, if you use this method, you will have to describe exactly what you did prior to receiving the Error message (i.e. what screen of spybot you were on and what actions you took).

skottfree
2005-12-16, 19:42
;) OK so the error message came up and I was able to read it!

Out of system resources!

Shut down several programs and S&D ran! Down loaded updates and everything runs fine.

Its funny, my wife's computer is basicaly identical to mine except her's has more programs running and S&D ran fine on it!

Thanks on the info for doing a print screen, I was never able to do it because there was no memory left when S&D failed to open!

Thanks!

Skottfree