PDA

View Full Version : After installing unable to select "Start a Scan"

Kit27
2016-09-06, 01:34
After a year of a free copy purchased a license and after installing and updating files when selecting the "System Scan" icon the screen defaults to updating screen and the start a scan at the top left in the menu is not highlighted. Also an error occurs showing updating "Missing signatures". When opening the program a message comes up that mentions 3 Clients are using the software when there is only one!

It seem the free copy was easier to use.
Kit

tashi
2016-09-06, 11:55
Hello Kit27,

I realize you'd updated files but the main reason for the scan button being greyed out is;

From the FAQ: https://www.safer-networking.org/faq/system-scan-button-greyed-out/

"The System Scan button is greyed out"
Cause:
If you have just installed Spybot, you may find that you cannot run a System Scan because the button has been greyed out.
Please see here for more information if you are using Windows XP or Vista, and the System Scan button appears as three dots (…) (https://www.safer-networking.org/faq/system-scan-shows-three-dots/).

Solution/Fix:
Spybot’s System Scan button will be accessible when a complete update has been carried out. This is done to ensure that users are scanning their system for all the latest malware and viruses we have on record.

Please see here for instructions if you are experiencing any issues downloading updates (https://www.safer-networking.org/faq/spybot-search-destroy-update-failed/).

Please let me know if, after updating, the scan issue is resolved. :)

Best Regards,
tashi

mickmackmike
2017-05-14, 05:59
I followed these instructions and worked for me SDUpdate can freeze

There are a few solutions for this problem:

1. Wait a minute, it should be active again.
2. You can still use the manual updater.

Download the current file and install it, and you’ll be up-to-date. Here is the direct-update-link where you can reach the latest update everytime.
Please use the Spybot 2 program folder as Destination Folder to store the update, by default:
Windows XP: C:\Program Files\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2
Windows Vista or Windows 7 or Windows 8: C:\Programs (x86)\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2

mickmackmike
2017-05-14, 05:59
SDUpdate can freeze up if the servers are reacting very slowly. This can happen the day new updates are released (usually on Wednesdays), when too many people try to download them at the same time. But Spybot 2 isn’t really freezed up, it’s just delayed. There are a few solutions for this problem:

1. Wait a minute, it should be active again.
2. You can still use the manual updater.

Download the current file and install it, and you’ll be up-to-date. Here is the direct-update-link where you can reach the latest update everytime.
Please use the Spybot 2 program folder as Destination Folder to store the update, by default:
Windows XP: C:\Program Files\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2
Windows Vista or Windows 7 or Windows 8: C:\Programs (x86)\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2