PDA

View Full Version : Start Center reports 2 instances of home edition running

worker17
2016-10-10, 01:50
I have home edition + antivirus installed on one machine on my home network. My roommate shares my wifi network. He has the free version of spybot running on his laptop. My concern is that home edition will fail for my "pirating" a second copy, which has not happened.

How do I get Spybot home edition to recognize the 2nd instance on my network is NOT an illegal copy?

Thank you.

tashi
2016-10-10, 19:36
Hello worker17, :welcome:

I have home edition + antivirus installed on one machine on my home network. My roommate shares my wifi network. He has the free version of spybot running on his laptop. My concern is that home edition will fail for my "pirating" a second copy, which has not happened.

How do I get Spybot home edition to recognize the 2nd instance on my network is NOT an illegal copy?

Thank you.

Did you receive a warning from Spybot or is your network showing all software connected to the Internet?

Best regards.

worker17
2016-10-23, 00:52
When I open the start center, it used to tell me there was one other computer running the home edition on my home network, in violation of the usage agreement. There is only one running it. There is another laptop running the FREE edition, my roommate, which I installed for him because he is computer challenged. We downloaded the FREE edition from Spybot direct.

Today, the start center is telling me there are TWO other computers running the home edition which I purchased on my home network. There is ONLY ONE other computer on my home network, sharing the internet connection.

Windows 10 64 bit computer, 2 core..

Now how do I get Spybot to stop reporting computers that are NOT illegally using the FREE version, and to get a correct count of TWO, not THREE computers on my home network?

tashi
2016-10-24, 00:43
Hello worker17,

Did you receive a warning from Spybot or is your network showing all software connected to the Internet?

When I open the start center, it used to tell me there was one other computer running the home edition on my home network, in violation of the usage agreement. There is only one running it. There is another laptop running the FREE edition, my roommate, which I installed for him because he is computer challenged. We downloaded the FREE edition from Spybot direct.

Today, the start center is telling me there are TWO other computers running the home edition which I purchased on my home network. There is ONLY ONE other computer on my home network, sharing the internet connection.

Windows 10 64 bit computer, 2 core..

Now how do I get Spybot to stop reporting computers that are NOT illegally using the FREE version, and to get a correct count of TWO, not THREE computers on my home network?

Please open a support ticket: https://www.safer-networking.org/support/ticket/technical/

Best regards. :)