PDA

View Full Version : How to REVERT sites blocked by spybot immunization?

Someusername
2016-12-22, 16:47
-I installed spybot and ran immunization
-I uninstalled it shorty afterwards but left immunization settings in place
-I cant visit certain website anymore
-Reinstalling and reapplying or undoing immunization doesnt work anymore
-I can visit website from different computer in same household or from different browser that was installed after the immunization process.

I know that block is not in windows host file since I tried using a blank one and it still blocks my site.

I want to know where exactly I can change these settings in browsers settings? Or how to do it manually through windows explorer, what file to delete, since ignore list/browsers settings are in spybot itself are blank now due to new installation.

What does spybot do to block the sites, where is this block specifically for firefox?

Thanks in advance!

tashi
2016-12-22, 18:07
Hello Someusername,

To clarify, did you do the following and reboot.

Why are some of my favourite Internet sites blocked?

This problem may be caused by the Immunization or the bad download blocker in Spybot – Search & Destroy. Please open the Tools menu in your Internet Explorer and choose Spybot – Search Destroy Configuration. There you will find a drop down menu where you should select Ask for blocking confirmation. If you want to visit a blocked website choose Allow.

If this does not solve the problem, please run Spybot-S&D and select Spybot-S&D → Immunize in the navigation bar on the left. Please click Undo. Then run Spybot – Search & Destroy and switch to the Advanced mode via the menu item Mode. Now select Tools → Resident from the navigation bar on the left. Please untick the checkbox in front of the Resident “SdHelper” (Internet Explorer bad download blocker) active.

https://www.safer-networking.org/faq/why-are-some-of-my-favourite-internet-sites-blocked/

Best regards. :)

Someusername
2016-12-22, 18:30

I dont have spybot options under my internet explorer tools section. This is windows 7 and some super outdated version of that program.

Furthermore I dont really care about that browser, I asked about Firefox since that is the one I need.

I wrote in my original post "Reinstalling and reapplying or undoing immunization doesnt work anymore". So I have done that already.

I did a test on different browser that I use rarely (Vivaldi) and uninstalled/reinstalled it. Website that was blocked on it due to spybot is working now. I want to do the same for firefox, but would prefer not uninstalling it and going with the hassle of transferring all addons/settings/passwords etc.

Please read carefully what I wrote in my OP, all the steps were detailed there.

I need to know which file spybot uses to make this list in browser settings, there is probably some single file that I can delete/edit and it will work.

tashi
2016-12-22, 19:04
Hello Someusername,

Please read carefully what I wrote in my OP, all the steps were detailed there.

Yes, I posed the question in order to clarify. :)

Please open a support ticket here: https://www.safer-networking.org/support/ticket/technical/

PS) I suggest this because the issue may already be documented, if not they will assist in reaching a solution. :kboard:

Best regards.