PDA

View Full Version : Registry changed denied

dumbmick
2006-09-17, 14:06
Hi,
I tried to set my screen saver to none and was told by spybot that scrnsave.exe was blacklisted. How do I access this black list so that I can change it?

thx,
tom

md usa spybot fan
2006-09-17, 20:16
It would appear that in some point in time you have done a "Deny change" with a "Remember this decision" on a change for "Desktop settings".

Try the following:

Right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon and select Settings. This brings up a window titled "White & Black List". There are four (4) Buttons across the top of the "White & Black List":

Allowed processes
Blocked processes
Allowed registry changes
Blocked registry changes

Note: If you don't see all four buttons, try expanding the window to the right.
Inspect the entries under the "Blocked registry changes" button. You should find an entry related to the "Desktop settings" that you are having problems deleting (look for entries that are for "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\scrnsave.exe=…]"). Delete any entries that you find for that registry change by clicking on the scripted black "X" to the right of the entry and then clicking the "OK" button.

After the entry(s) are remove try to change the screen saver again. When the TeaTimer Dialog for the registry change is received, respond by clicking the "Allow change" button. Do not check "Remember this decision".