PDA

View Full Version : SpyBot wont update

dragonsgrl
2017-02-24, 19:05
Ok so I had an issue with someone else being on my system and got what they thought was a massive hacked message from Microsoft and phoned and allowed whoever was on phone on my system. I tried downloading SpyBot to run it and see if there was anything left behind by these idiots, but I get to about half way on the update screen and it sits there for over 2 hours. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the software and still the same thing. So far I've gotten to just over the halfway mark on the update screen and it's been sitting there for just over 3 hours now. It's stuck at some point with spybot2/windows upgrade.
is there anyone that can help or should I just give up at this point

tashi
2017-02-24, 19:20
Hello dragonsgrl,

What is the operating system please and which security programs were already installed.

Also, did you elevate Spybot's permissions?

To open Spybot as administrator, simply right click on the Spybot desktop icon or the start menu icon and click “Run as Administrator”:

Then you can right-click on the module’s icon you are about to run and select “Run as administrator”.

FAQ: Why does Spybot – Search & Destroy freeze when doing an update?

One can update manually,
https://www.safer-networking.org/faq/why-does-spybot-sd-freeze-when-doing-an-update-2/

Best regards.