PDA

View Full Version : question

darkmoon3d
2006-09-18, 03:37
Have question which is probably easier than I can figure. How do I go back and reverse a setting from Spybot? I keep getting my default home page set to windows update rather than original default homepage. There's got to be an easy way to go back and undo this command but can't seem to find where it is.

Mark

Zenobia
2006-09-18, 08:37
I think I might have an idea of what's happening,but it could be a few other things,too.Do you use Teatimer?
Does your homepage seem to change to Windows Update on it's own?
Or,when you go into Internet Explorer->Tools->Internet Options to change your homepage from Windows Update to the homepage you want,is the area beside Address: greyed out?

darkmoon3d
2006-09-18, 08:56
Just figured it out. Was using Teatimer and it wasn't showing up in toolbar. Went to c:\program files\spybot and simply opened it again to access settings. Found setting in there and simply turned it off.

Had tried doing tools/internet options.. before but registry entry kept changing back to different website on IE startup.

Zenobia
2006-09-18, 09:11
Okay,good. :)
What setting did you change?Did you go into the Black & White list(teatimer->Settings->Black & White list) and remove an entry?