PDA

View Full Version : Other client detected

stelgor
2017-03-14, 23:25
When I start the Spybot Start Center, I receive the message "Other client detected" and it thinks that "There are 2 Spybot clients currently protecting PC's on your network." If I continue, it runs as a Home Edition without full anti-virus support.

I had Spybot Home Edition running on another computer. So, on that second computer, I completely (1) uninstalled Spybot, (2) removed all Spybot folders, (3) used regedit to remove all references to Safer Networking and Spybot in the registry, and (4) removed a startup item using msconfig. That was over one week ago and I have rebooted both systems many times.

Whenever the second computer is running, I STILL get the "Other client detected" error message. If that second computer is not running, of course, I do not get the Spybot "Other client" error. I do run Avira on that second computer with full protection activated now.

I am running Windows 7 on both computers. I am running Spybot 2.4.40.0 and Start Center 2.2.40.130.

Any idea how I can run Spybot -- and have both computers running -- without getting the "Other client detected" error?

Thanks

tashi
2017-03-15, 04:18
Hello stelgor,

Sorry to hear of the problem, would you open a support ticket please: https://www.safer-networking.org/support/ticket/technical/

Best regards. :)