PDA

View Full Version : Spybot seems stuck on :Zlob.ZipCodec downloaded files:

jharding59
2017-04-20, 23:06
In the last 2 weeks Spybot seems stuck on :Zlob.ZipCodec downloaded files:
Is this a problem? = "Zlob.ZipCodec downloaded files" I am not sure if Spybot is getting stuck on these files. I have a 6TB Seagate which is only 2.5TB full. Spybot used to complete at least in 30 minutes or less. In the last two weeks it seems to never end and shows that it is working (I guess) forevesr on "Zlob.ZipCodec downloaded files:. I did reinstall Spybot including the reboot but that did not change anythng.Anyhelp you can give is appreciated.
It is asking for Captcha but I do not see it anywhere nor where to enter it. So I had to send this this way. Sorry..

tashi
2017-04-20, 23:29
Hello jharding59,

This problem was caused by a minor issue in the Spybot program. We are now providing a small installer that will correct this issue on your PC.
Symptoms:

The scan proceeds as normal, but will stop progressing at Zlob.ZipCodec and won’t appear to finish.
The “Settings” button in the Start Center is unresponsive when clicked.

Fix/Solution:

If you are experiencing this issue, simply download and run this small installer (https://www.safer-networking.org/files/spybotsd2-install-iefreezefix.exe). This installer replaces a file that was identified to cause the issue.

Hope that helps. :)

jharding59
2017-04-21, 05:34
The fix for Zlob.ZipCodec worked. Thank You.

Hello jharding59,

This problem was caused by a minor issue in the Spybot program. We are now providing a small installer that will correct this issue on your PC.
Symptoms:

The scan proceeds as normal, but will stop progressing at Zlob.ZipCodec and won’t appear to finish.
The “Settings” button in the Start Center is unresponsive when clicked.

Fix/Solution:

If you are experiencing this issue, simply download and run this small installer (https://www.safer-networking.org/files/spybotsd2-install-iefreezefix.exe). This installer replaces a file that was identified to cause the issue.

Hope that helps. :)

tashi
2017-04-21, 06:59
Glad to hear, thank you for letting us know. :greeting:

Johanosen
2017-04-21, 11:24
Hey I had the same problem and now it's fixed. I think its worth mentioning that this installer should be opened as administrator, that helped me a lot :) Thanks

tashi
2017-04-21, 17:05
Thank you Johanosen, good advice. :bigthumb: