PDA

View Full Version : Whay function does the argument /cleanclose perform?

scoleman
2017-05-01, 21:26
Hi Folks,

Running Free version of Sypbot.

When I get pop up asking to allow Spybot S&D to access / modify my computer the command line contains /cleanclose.

I typically like to keep my browser histories, etc. so have been manually running the program and deselecting various items I wish to keep. If I allow Spybot to run via the pop up will /cleanclose still allow me to select / deselect items found?

TIA,

sc

Zenobia
2017-05-02, 04:24
/cleanclose will cause Spybot to close after /scan if the results of the scan are clean. I can't remember if usage tracks are considered clean or not, and I've hunted around and can't find anything on it. However, if you let Spybot run and usage tracks are considered clean, then Spybot should close without fixing them. If they are considered to be "not clean" then I believe Spybot should then show them as scan results and let you choose which you wish to fix or not.
There used to be an /autofix parameter available in Spybot 1.6.2, but I don't see that parameter listed as available in Spybot 2.4/2.5, so you should not encounter it, but I figured I'd mention it to be on the safe side, so if you see an autofix listed in the parameters anywhere, then that would possibly fix usage tracks, but this is probably unlikely to happen.

You can continue to unselect things after a manual scan if you prefer, however if you prefer not to fix usage tracks (https://www.safer-networking.org/faq/usage-tracks/) in general, then you could set Spybot not to scan for them. To do that rightclick the Spybot start center, select Yes to run as administrator, checkmark Advanced User Mode, then click Settings. select the Categories tab, and somewhere within the categories rightclick and select Spyware scan only, and Usage Tracks won't be found when you scan anymore. :)