PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Spybot Team!!

jennx3989
2006-09-19, 05:45
Hi, I just wanted to express my deepest thanks to the whole Spybot Team who make this software and help people to protect themselves against spyware! Thanks so much for making this software available for free. You've helped me to find and get rid of nasty spyware that invaded my computer.

I've been using Spybot for over a year now and I decided to give you guys a donation through Paypal. It's not much, but it's what I can afford right now.

It's amazing that you keep updating your anti-spyware and answer people's questions without requiring a fee. It's better service than anything I've ever had to pay for!

Keep up the excellent work! I appreciate everything you guys stand for. Freedom!:bigthumb:

tashi
2006-09-19, 07:44
Hi jennx3989

It is really nice of you to take the time to post and express your appreciation.

Thank you!! :heart:

$hansolo$
2006-09-25, 00:44
jennx3989 said:
"Hi, I just wanted to express my deepest thanks to the whole Spybot Team who make this software and help people to protect themselves against spyware! Thanks so much for making this software available for free. You've helped me to find and get rid of nasty spyware that invaded my computer.

I've been using Spybot for over a year now and I decided to give you guys a donation through Paypal. It's not much, but it's what I can afford right now.

It's amazing that you keep updating your anti-spyware and answer people's questions without requiring a fee. It's better service than anything I've ever had to pay for!

Keep up the excellent work! I appreciate everything you guys stand for. Freedom"
I couldn't have said it better myself. I am new to this forum, but I've read it start to finish today. I have used Spybot successfully on all my windows machines since one of our computers got hit hard while I was out of town about 18 months ago. It was brought to Best Buy in my absense and their solution was to slick the hard drive. Smooth. Anyway, I am determined to solve a recent malware hit on another computer that was running Spybot....but clearly not often enough! See my recent post in the Malware Removal Forum. (Tashi - I apologize for the private message if not appropriate):red:

tashi
2006-09-25, 03:46
I couldn't have said it better myself. I am new to this forum, but I've read it start to finish today. I have used Spybot successfully on all my windows machines since one of our computers got hit hard while I was out of town about 18 months ago.
Thank you for the feedback and glad we can help. :wub:

(Tashi - I apologize for the private message if not appropriate):red: No problem at all, :) forums and all the new information is a little overwhelming at first.

By the time I received your message I saw you had managed to post. :bigthumb:

jward
2006-09-29, 01:43
You see, people who come to live in Ireland begin to do everything with exceptional ability. Irish people and the Irish "We are the best country in the world and the universe and space and County Laois and such" mentality is the thing that actually developed this programme and made it as good as it was. You see, it was made in Greystones in Bray...sorry, I mean Co. Wicklow. And hence....ehhhh.........now well.......you see the thing is......well, It's a little flyer of a programme. Congratulations all IRISH PEOPLE. YOU HAVE DONE THE WORLD PROUD. IN FACT YOU HAVE SAVED IT FROM EXTINCTION. and nuclear war, and the American right, and Berlusconi.

No seriously though (What, you're being serious?) this programme is fantastically easy to use, very intuitive panel and layout and although I speak pure English and thats it, the addition of all those extra languages is a great service to everyone. It's scanning is quick and (I trust it's) thorough. Regular updates and loads of other brilliant crappy rubbishy shite and all the rest of the story. Well done Peter...something (the german fella). You are quite clearly now a fully converted Irish person. Ignore the prosperity thing in this country, It's stupid, won't last long and the only thing you do with your extra money is buy stupidly unjustifiable Land Rover Discovery 3's. I don't see them luggin' cattle around, just shopping bags!

jward
2006-09-29, 01:45
You see, people who come to live in Ireland begin to do everything with exceptional ability. Irish people and the Irish "We are the best country in the world and the universe and space and County Laois and such" mentality is the thing that actually developed this programme and made it as good as it was. You see, it was made in Greystones in Bray...sorry, I mean Co. Wicklow. And hence....ehhhh.........now well.......you see the thing is......well, It's a little flyer of a programme. Congratulations all IRISH PEOPLE. YOU HAVE DONE THE WORLD PROUD. IN FACT YOU HAVE SAVED IT FROM EXTINCTION. and nuclear war, and the American right, and Berlusconi.

No seriously though (What, you're being serious?) this programme is fantastically easy to use, very intuitive panel and layout and although I speak pure English and thats it, the addition of all those extra languages is a great service to everyone. It's scanning is quick and (I trust it's) thorough. Regular updates and loads of other brilliant crappy rubbishy shite and all the rest of the story. Well done Peter...something (the german fella). You are quite clearly now a fully converted Irish person. Ignore the prosperity thing in this country, It's stupid, won't last long and the only thing you do with your extra money is buy stupidly unjustifiable Land Rover Discovery 3's. I don't see them luggin' cattle around, just shopping bags!

I just wanted to say whoever posted the above thread is amazing and the cleverest person in the world and gorgeous probably and is good at spelling...probably.

Skag5
2006-10-01, 14:33
I want to thank you Spybot S&D team and all others who have been working hard on this product! i have been using Spybot S&D about 3 years or something like that but just few days ago i relized it was a free program :D i was so suprised how this good program can be free?! i would donate to you guys but i dont have bank account atm. so atleast i can do is tell to my friend at Spybot S&D and post here to tell how proud im that there is this kinda free programs!

tashi
2006-10-01, 20:28
Thank you! :2thumb:

CortezTheKiller
2006-10-07, 18:58
My computer kept telling me that I had new spyware threat - a red circle with a white cross was permanently on my taskbar (sic) and every minute a Windows message popped up telling of the new danger. It invited me to click immediately to cure the problem: I clicked and clicked and nothing happenend.

So I ran ntlNetGuard Security - anti-virus and -spyware scans. Failed to cure the problem.
Then I ran Windows Defender antispyware. Failed to cure the problem.
Then I downloaded and ran a Microsoft malicious software removal programme. Failed to notice the problem.
Finally I ran Spybot. Cured the problem first time.

You guys are awesome. There is no other solution.

Yours gratefully,

Jay, UK

THE XFACTOR
2006-10-07, 23:59
:cool: I WANT TO EXPRESS MY APPRECIATION TO THE SPYBOT TEAM AND HAVE RECOMMENDED YOU TO EVERYONE I KNOW!

I HAVE DONATED TO YOU GUYS RECENTLY AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO DO THE SAME.

JUST THOUGHT I'D LET YOU EUROPEANS KNOW THAT TO BE CAREFUL COMING TO AMERICA FOR VACATION OR OTHERWISE. THE POLICE ARE STOPPING EVERYONE ON SUSPICION OF BEING A TERRORIST, ESPECIALLY IN THE SOUTHERN STATES!

I WAS STOPPED AND I'M AN AMERICAN WITH A FOREIGN SOUNDING NAME.

SHOTGUNS, AUTOMATIC WEAPONS AND ALL. ABOUT 12 POLICE OFFICERS. I WAS AT A REST STOP ON I-95 IN GEORGIA AND AN EMPLOYEE OF THE REST STOP THOUGHT I LOOKED SUPPICIOUS AND CALLED THE POLICE.

VERY SCARY, AS I'M ALSO A US ARMY DISABLED VETERAN. IMAGINE IF I WAS A FOREIGNER.

dnimko
2006-10-10, 05:46
± 4 years agos while being an IT professionnal, I had problems cleaning the company laptops.

they were "yacky" "slashy" .... yurk. until I found Ad-Aware from Lavasoft....:lip: oh I forgot... this is a spybot thread ;) .... until I found Spybot Search & Destroy. The name is funny (remembers me pakman) but but .... miraculous. The marketing VP had 781 "insects" :bigthumb: and 895 ads. This is my all time highest score. Without you, I would be lost and quite infected.

I keep recommending your site by putting a link on all the sites I build and I recommend you to all the people I know. Hope you don't mind :)

and by the way, I took out Norton Antivirus (Norton Internet Suite) all together. It let a virus infect my PC and the removal tool given by Symantec, took out my internet explorer as well making it very difficult to clean the machine. I had 3 infernal weeks this time :sad: . Never Again Norton nan nan nan nan .... I keep telling this to everybody.

Keep feath, publicise the problem you have with Symantec, and destroy this crap if you see it. Detect it and name it a roach (roachopussy?) please, it would be nice to have an octopussy for its icon because it is one.... very difficult to clean from the PC (at least the first time) and it tries to keep control over a couple of dll etc...

Frankly, you are part of my gardian angels.
thank you from Québec, Canada

Jay74
2006-10-11, 00:39
I just got clean today. (Sounds like a twelve step confession ;) But I can't believe how well my machine works now. I had a nasty little keylogging trojan, and he has been sent packin' with all the authority you could give it.:trample:

Team spybot; you certainly have my vote as the best thing goin' on the internet. Your patience and productivity are unparalleled. I hope someday people will log onto these forums to chit chat and malware will be a thing of the past, but until then it feels good to know there are folks out there to help watch my back.:ninja:

You all should take a :bow:

I'm gonna surf safely from now on and enjoy my computer.:yahoo:

tashi
2006-10-11, 07:56
It is great to hear everyones feedback! :beerbeerb:

Chewy
2006-10-21, 09:28
Pepi & Tashi,

I didn't know you had your own forum until just last week. You guys have done a great service to the internet community and without your software, I wouldn't have been able to clean many of the PCs I've worked on. Great job.

Also I think it's great some people have donated via pay pal... we need more people with open hearts to donate. I would hate to see the day that Pepi & Tashi need to close shop due to lack of funds.

Teme-84
2006-10-21, 10:02
I just got clean today. (Sounds like a twelve step confession ;) But I can't believe how well my machine works now. I had a nasty little keylogging trojan, and he has been sent packin' with all the authority you could give it.:trample:

Team spybot; you certainly have my vote as the best thing goin' on the internet. Your patience and productivity are unparalleled. I hope someday people will log onto these forums to chit chat and malware will be a thing of the past, but until then it feels good to know there are folks out there to help watch my back.:ninja:

You all should take a :bow:

I'm gonna surf safely from now on and enjoy my computer.:yahoo:

Also I want to say thank you for the authors of Spybot SD. One year ago, my computer was full of every kind of sh** and then I ran a scan with Spybot. It found a mountain of all kind of malicious software. Now my PC is running like an angel! :)