PDA

View Full Version : Ticket number: 2017060480000256

Marcel6969
2017-06-09, 11:49
Hi,

I can't find my thread corresponding with ticketnumer 2017060480000256 anymore, and answering your email doesn't work either, so I'll have to try it this way.

I have downloaded the new version 2.6 and will give it a try coming weekend. I'll keep you informed.
Is this version 2.6 for W10 only, or also for W7 Pro and XP SP3?

I also had a problem on a LAPTOP: The S&D entry in the Windows Explorer context menu made Windows Explorer crash very often, especially when using the right mouse-button in the left WE screenpart. I solved that by disabling this context menu entry using program ShellExView.
Has that been solved also?

Is there an easy way to trace back my previous thread?

Marcel

tashi
2017-06-09, 15:49
Hello Marcel6969,

Is there an easy way to trace back my previous thread?

Marcel
This is the first post you have made in the forums. :)

When did you open a support ticket?

Best regards.

Marcel6969
2017-06-10, 17:40
On the 4th of june, see attachment

Marcel6969
2017-06-10, 17:51
Here comes the proper attachment
Marcel

tashi
2017-06-11, 01:47
Hello Marcel6969,

and answering your email doesn't work either,

What happens when you respond to the email please. Have you tried sending a new email with the ticket number in the subject line? :)

Best regards.

Marcel6969
2017-06-11, 11:35
Answering through mail fails as you can see in the attachment. I hope this attachment got to you, because I got an errormessage about not having permission, os something similar.
Marcel

Marcel6969
2017-06-11, 11:41
I think mail doesn't work because my provider, planet.nl, seems to be blacklisted on your side. I don't know why.
Actually planet.nl does not exist anymore, bu I'm still using this address (for years already).
Hope something can be done about it.

Marcel

Marcel6969
2017-06-11, 11:46
I'm kinda making a mess of it, but I hope my initial (mail)-question will not be forgotten: Is version 2.6 for W10 only, or also for W7 Pro and XP SP3?
Marcel

tashi
2017-06-12, 20:10
Hello Marcel6969, :greeting:

Answering through mail fails as you can see in the attachment. I hope this attachment got to you, because I got an errormessage about not having permission, os something similar.
Marcel

The attachment shows in your post. :)

You are subscribed to this topic and received notification that the topic had received a post, that email cannot be responded to as it is automated.

To reach support please use this page to send an email: https://www.safer-networking.org/support/ticket/technical/

I think mail doesn't work because my provider, planet.nl, seems to be blacklisted on your side. I don't know why.
Actually planet.nl does not exist anymore, bu I'm still using this address (for years already).
Hope something can be done about it.

If the domain was blacklisted you would not be able to login. :fear:

According to whois.domain-registry.nl
Domain name: planet.nl

I'm kinda making a mess of it, but I hope my initial (mail)-question will not be forgotten: Is version 2.6 for W10 only, or also for W7 Pro and XP SP3?

Please see this video: https://www.safer-networking.org/2017/upgrading-spybot-search-destroy-version-2-5-windows-10/

Note: "For users of Windows XP/Vista, Spybot 2.4 is still the latest compatible version of Spybot for these OSs. Please continue to use Spybot – Search & Destroy 2.4, and do not follow the steps in this guide."

Operating system compatibility
https://www.safer-networking.org/about/compatibility/

Best regards.

Marcel6969
2017-06-12, 22:27
Hi Tashi,

Thanks for your detailed answer, most of the stuff is clear to me.
However, the link https://www.safer-networking.org/sup...ket/technical/ does not bring me to my originally created ticket, I can't recall how exactly I created this ticket. But since that is not imported anymore, we can forget about it.

When 2.5 came out, I had the impression this version was for W10 only (maybe a clear case of bad reading). So that is were I indeed used it, but I did not install in on W7. If I wanna bring W7 to S&D 2.6, do I have to do that through 2.5, or can I install 2.6 straight away?

Marcel

tashi
2017-06-13, 04:55
Hi Marcel6969,

However, the link https://www.safer-networking.org/sup...ket/technical/ does not bring me to my originally created ticket, I can't recall how exactly I created this ticket. But since that is not imported anymore, we can forget about it.

The link would not take you to the original ticket but the page does show how to email support. :kboard:

Have you tried sending a new email with the ticket number in the subject line? :)

When 2.5 came out, I had the impression this version was for W10 only (maybe a clear case of bad reading). So that is were I indeed used it, but I did not install in on W7. If I wanna bring W7 to S&D 2.6, do I have to do that through 2.5, or can I install 2.6 straight away?

You can download the latest version here: https://www.safer-networking.org/

Best regards.

Marcel6969
2017-06-13, 10:26
Hi Tashi,

I'm getting kinda lost. On june 8 Safer-networking send me this mail:

Op 8-6-2017 om 15:31 schreef Team Spybot:
> Hello Marcel de Jong,
>
>
> We are pleased to announce the release of Spybot 2.6.
>
> This version contains bug fixes and deals with the recent issues involving Live Protection and the Security Center Service.
>
> We apologise for any inconvenience caused and are sorry for the delay in the release of this version.
>
> You can download the installer using the link below:
> https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot2allocator.php
>
> Please download and run the file to install Spybot 2.6.

Using that link gave we S&D version 2.6.46.0.

The link you give me now, which in fact I don't need anymore, gives me version 2.4:

You can download the latest version here: https://www.safer-networking.org/

Anyway, my question was: when updating W7, do I fisrt have to install 2.5, followed by 2.6? Or will only installing version 2.6.46.0 do?
marcel

(m/f)
2017-06-13, 10:58
Hi Marcel,

it is quite complicated to keep track of your e-mails and your thread in the forum parallelly, so maybe there was something messed up. The latest e-mail you got contains a new installer for 2.6, while the other updates only did partly update to 2.5/2.6 and only for Win 10. The new installer for 2.6 is working on Win 7 and up and it is sufficient to install Spybot with this file only, even after uninstalling 2.4/2.5 completely. If there are any problems with the installation, please send us an e-mail.

Thank you.

Marcel6969
2017-06-13, 13:34
Hi,

I just tries to answer the mail you send me this morning., but again it fails.
I seem not to be able to get a mail to you, they all are refused:

>>>>>>
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

webmaster@spybot.info

Reporting-MTA: dns;cpsmtpb-ews08.kpnxchange.com
Received-From-MTA: dns;cpsps-ews24.kpnxchange.com
Arrival-Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 13:23:32 +0200

Final-Recipient: rfc822;webmaster@spybot.info
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Sender address [marcel-de-jong@planet.nl] blocked using hostkarma.junkemailfilter.com; Black listed planet.nl See http://wiki.junkemailfilter.com/index.php/Spam_DNS_Lists / URIBL planet.nl See http://wiki.junkemailfilter.com/index.php/Spam_DNS_Lists

<<<<<<
This refusal-mail is talking about planet.nl being blacklisted?????

I'll insert my mail-text in here:

Hi,

I just tried link https://www.safer-networking.org/ again, but it gives me spybot-2.4.exe. When looking at the properties/details in the exe, I see version 2.4.40. So apparenly that is not the 2.6 installer.
I have tried all three Safer-Networking Ltd. mirrors. they all give me version 2.4.
When using link https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot2allocator.php you gave me on june 8 I do get version 2.6.46.
The question now is: is this the final 2.6 version? The one I also can use straight away to update windows 7?
If not, where do I get the final 2.6 installer from?

Regards

Marcel E. de Jong

(m/f)
2017-06-14, 08:59
Hi, I thought I had answered this yesterday but it seems I did not...

Please just use the file from https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot2allocator.php as it is our latest installer with the latest patches and see if it works on your system. The version 2.6 will soon be officially released, for now users having problems with 2.4 get it pre-release.

Thank you.

Marcel6969
2017-06-14, 10:32
Hi,

Will you be so kind to inform me when the final 2.6 installer has been released, and by that time let me know where to find it.
Thanks and have a nice day
Marcel

Marcel6969
2017-06-16, 12:05
Hi,

I have installed Spybot 2.6 on W7 Pro as well as W10 Pro. On both systems it seems to work properly, none of the problems I had showed up again. So far so good.
There is one thing though: when shutting down W10 or rebooting from W10, an error-window pops up: A problem has occurred in BitDefender Threat Scanner. And that a dmpfile has been created. I have no idea whether or not this os caused by Spybot or maybe by the common Windows updates.
I am trying to get the errormessages as well as the (small) dumpfile into this threat, but keep getting the message "having no permission".
So I'll first try to get this reply to you and then once more the 2 files giving more information.

Marcel

Marcel6969
2017-06-16, 12:07
The errormassage

Marcel6969
2017-06-16, 12:11
The dumpfile fails, uploading gives an error message about being invalid.
It would be nice having an email-adres where I could send it to.

Marcel

Marcel6969
2017-06-16, 13:31
Oeps, correction: I do get the BitDefender error on shutdown or reboot of W7 Pro also.
I have zipped the W10 dumpfile and will give it another try.
BTW, I saw DMP not being valid attachment, so that explains.

Marcel

Marcel6969
2017-06-16, 13:44
Seems I'm not permitted to do very much: the archived DMP file is also not accepted, I will try to get that errormessage attached to this reply.
I also seem to have to log in again by almost every action I do.
Tried but failed: the message I get:
You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again.

Marcel6969
2017-06-16, 13:53
I give up: can't get a screendump.jpg file to you, can't get a zipped dumpfile to you, seems to have no permission most of the times to do whatever I wanna do, have to (re-)log in every few minutes.

Anyway, both my Window-systems give this BitDefender errormessage plus dumpfile when shutting down or rebooting.
Maybe other people suffer from th same problem.

Marcel

tashi
2017-06-16, 18:05
Hello Marcel6969,

Bitdefender Threat Scanner.dmp
https://www.safer-networking.org/faq/bitdefender-threat-scanner-dmp/

Best regards.

Marcel6969
2017-06-16, 21:53
Hi Tashi,

The original SDAV.dll was not missing in the Spybot environment.
Downloaded the one from the Spybot site.
Compared both files, they were not equal.
Renamed original file to SDAV-old.
Copied the just downloaded one into the Spybot dir.
To really get rid of any old stuff rebooted twice.
Both times got the error again in the shutdown part.
So problem not (yet) solved.
I don't know what the error exactly means, but as far as I can see, no real harm seems to be done.

Something else: any idea why I'm having troubles so often when trying to upload attachments?
And any idea why Í seem to be logged off so fast? I thing when I at this very moment press the "Submit Reply" button I first have to re-login again.

Marcel

Marcel6969
2017-06-16, 22:03
I tried to correct my typo Í in my previous answer into an "I", but got an error, see the attachment.
Oeps, got the errormessage again just trying to upload the attachment, for which I first had to relogin again.
The error says I have no permission to do the action I wanna do.
I really don't understand how it works.
Marcel

tashi
2017-06-16, 22:25
Hello Marcel6969,

It would appear that you cannot complete certain actions in the forums because you are not logged in at the time.

I don't know why but it is likely caused by your browser settings.

This FAQ may be pertinent: https://forums.spybot.info/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_new_faq_item

Best regards.

Marcel6969
2017-06-16, 23:09
Thanks, would never had thought of cookies.
No lets see if this also solves my problem uploading a zip file.
I first changed the IE settings and now logged in into the forum.

Pressing the Manage Attachment button ask me to log in again
Trying to upload the ZIPfile fails again with "not having permission to do this action"????
To submit this answer I again have to log in.

I do hope this in-between stuff does not drawn my remarks of the SDAV.dll
Marcel

tashi
2017-06-17, 02:35
Hello Marcel6969,

Thanks, would never had thought of cookies.
No lets see if this also solves my problem uploading a zip file.
I first changed the IE settings and now logged in into the forum.

Pressing the Manage Attachment button ask me to log in again
Trying to upload the ZIPfile fails again with "not having permission to do this action"????
To submit this answer I again have to log in.
I do not know why you cannot stay logged in if you accepted the cookie for this site.

I do hope this in-between stuff does not drawn my remarks of the SDAV.dll
Marcel

As you had a support ticket it would be best if you make contact with them again.

Best regards.

tashi
2017-06-17, 03:04
Hello Marcel6969,

Is this your topic: https://support.emsisoft.com/topic/27276-kan-emsisoft-antimalware-crash-veroorzaken/

Do you have Emsisoft AntiMalware installed?

Best regards.

Marcel6969
2017-06-17, 11:53
Hi Tashi,

First: "stuff does not drawn" should be read as "stuff does not drown", sorry for that.
And indeed, I have Emsi AntiMalware installed. But at this moment on W7 only. On W10 I have problems with that program, as you can see in the topic you are referring to. I reported that problem, they admitted the problem exists, they are working on a solution, but untill then i decided to uninstall it, in W10 that is.

As you had a support ticket it would be best if you make contact with them again
I have tried to get back to that ticketnumber, but failed. If I remember well, that's why I entered my problem in this forum, using that ticket number.

Marcel

tashi
2017-06-17, 17:00
Hello Marcel6969,

I have tried to get back to that ticketnumber, but failed. If I remember well, that's why I entered my problem in this forum, using that ticket number.

We seem to be going in circles. ;-)

The link would not take you to the original ticket but the page does show how to email support. :kboard:

And indeed, I have Emsi AntiMalware installed. But at this moment on W7 only. On W10 I have problems with that program, as you can see in the topic you are referring to. I reported that problem, they admitted the problem exists, they are working on a solution, but untill then i decided to uninstall it, in W10 that is.

Noting you have 3 operating systems you can use to boot the computer.

Windows 7 Pro
Windows 10 Pro
Windows XP Pro (Service Pack 3)

I'm sure you realize Win XP is no longer supported by Microsoft.

See:
https://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?425-UPDATED-WINDOWS-Your-first-line-of-defense&p=446431&viewfull=1#post446431
(https://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?425-UPDATED-WINDOWS-Your-first-line-of-defense&p=446431&viewfull=1#post446431)
Please list all security programs you have installed on each operating system. :)

Also, which edition/s of Spybot do you have: Home, Pro, Business or Tech. You may have informed support already but it can be posted here for clarity thank you.

Best regards.

Marcel6969
2017-06-18, 11:40
Hi Tashi,

I wanted to have a look at the Ticketnumber to see the status of the registered problem, and it also was advised by the support team.

If you want to add more information please reply to this email or use the ticket number below in the subject line of your email.

Ticket number: 2017060480000256

If you do not use this ticket number it may delay your getting a response.

If the ticketnumber is not traceble, then what is the use of it?

I indeed have installed those three OSses on my PC. And yes, I know XP is no longer supported by MS, so I'm not talking about XP, only about W7 and W10.

The (free versions of the) security programs I have installed in W10 are:

-Spybot S&D 2.6.46
-Malwarebytes 3.1.2
-SuperAntiSpyware 6.0.1242 (6.0.1244 coming up)
-SpywareBlaster 5.5
-Comodo Free Firewall 8.4.0.5165 Not the most recent version, because that version is giving loads of problems
-Avast Free Antivirus 12.3.2280 Not the most recent version, because that version is also giving loads of problems

-Emsi Antimalware 2017.5.1.7567 For the time being uninstalled in W10 (giving BSOD, Emsi is working on that), installed in W7.

Have a nice day,
Marcel

Marcel6969
2017-06-18, 11:45
I wanted to edit my last answer, but even to do that I seem to have no permission. Get the impression my account is not working properly.
Marcel

tashi
2017-06-18, 16:31
Hello Marcel6969,

Hi Tashi,

I wanted to have a look at the Ticketnumber to see the status of the registered problem, and it also was advised by the support team.

If the ticketnumber is not traceble, then what is the use of it?l

The support team can trace it if you provide your ticket number.

I indeed have installed those three OSses on my PC. And yes, I know XP is no longer supported by MS, so I'm not talking about XP, only about W7 and W10.

Do you use XP?

I wanted to edit my last answer, but even to do that I seem to have no permission. Get the impression my account is not working properly.

From the FAQs:
Can I edit my own posts?

In the Spybot - Search & Destroy forum and others, there is a 15 minute time frame to edit one's post. It lessens the chance of an answer referring to things the original poster has deleted.
In the Malware Removal Forum, members may not edit their posts. A helper may already be analyzing the information given.

The (free versions of the) security programs I have installed in W10 are:

-Spybot S&D 2.6.46
-Malwarebytes 3.1.2
-SuperAntiSpyware 6.0.1242 (6.0.1244 coming up)
-SpywareBlaster 5.5
-Comodo Free Firewall 8.4.0.5165 Not the most recent version, because that version is giving loads of problems
-Avast Free Antivirus 12.3.2280 Not the most recent version, because that version is also giving loads of problems

-Emsi Antimalware 2017.5.1.7567 For the time being uninstalled in W10 (giving BSOD, Emsi is working on that), installed in W7.

Also, which edition/s of Spybot do you have: Home, Pro, Business or Tech. You may have informed support already but it can be posted here for clarity thank you.

You have the free version without the anti virus? :)

Best regards.

Marcel6969
2017-06-18, 22:56
Hi Tashi,

I am using XP for some specific stuff, but I wanna keep XP out of this problem. BTW, I'm running spybot 2.4 on XP.
On W7 and W10 I'm running Spybot free edition 2.6.46 without AntiVirus.
With all the problems of being logged out so quickly, not being able to get a mail to you, and so on, I can't recall how I intially got the problem to your teamspybot, but I'll try to figure that out.
How do I continue with the replacement of SDAV.dll which did not solve the BitDefender issue?

Marcel

tashi
2017-06-19, 00:54
Hi Marcel6969,

Please continue with sending support an email. :)

Best regards.

Marcel6969
2017-06-19, 10:52
Hi Tashi,

How do I get an email to support where all my previous mails have not been accepted?
Marcel

Marcel6969
2017-06-19, 11:08
Hi Tashi,
I just figured it out: just send a support-request about replacing the SDAV.DLL not having solved the problem.
Marcel

(m/f)
2017-06-19, 11:11
>>>>>>
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

webmaster@spybot.info

Have you tried to send the e-mail via our website (https://www.safer-networking.org/contact/spybot2/) form or manually with your e-mail program? There are other addresses for contacting us, just in case...

Marcel6969
2017-06-19, 11:37
Indeed "https://www.safer-networking.org/contact/spybot2/" was how I at last got through to the SupportTeam.
I was looking for a direct email-possibility, but apparently that seems not available.

Marcel

(m/f)
2017-06-19, 13:40
Hi, I just saw an e-mail sent by you 2 hours ago, the support team will take care of this issue now. Thank you.

Marcel6969
2017-06-21, 11:05
BTW m/f

There are other addresses for contacting us, just in case...

Do you mean addresses I can use my mailprogram in order to send mail to Safer-Networking?
If so, what are those addresses then?

Marcel

(m/f)
2017-06-21, 12:25
teamspybot@... should work. ...is spybot.info ;)

Marcel6969
2017-06-24, 13:31

software@spybot.info

teamspybot@spybot.info

webmaster@spybot.info

Get the impression easy to send mail to the Spybot Team.

Marcel

Marcel6969
2017-06-24, 13:34
Can't edit my thread, placed ir again, to correct a text-error

software @ spybot.info

teamspybot @ spybot.info

webmaster @ spybot.info

Get the impression it ain't easy to send mail to the Spybot Team.

Marcel

Marcel6969
2017-07-02, 15:07
Hi m/f and/or Tashi,

Is anything going to be done about the BitFefender Threat Scanner error.
Lo't of people seem to be suffering from this same problem.

Marcel

Marcel6969
2017-07-04, 23:15
The BitDefender problem is solved.

For those who are interrested in it I'll copy the mail I received from Rob of the Spybot Team:

>>>>>>>>
If you are using the Free Edition, please uninstall then reinstall Spybot.
In order to completely uninstall Spybot - Search & Destroy, please see the following link:
Before uninstalling Spybot, it is recommended to undo Immunization to avoid issues with
the uninstallation process.

It is also recommended to view Spybot’s Quarantine to restore any items you would like
to keep that were detected by Spybot. Once Spybot is uninstalled, these files cannot be
restored.

After Spybot has been uninstalled it is recommended to delete the following folders:
1.C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2
Or on a 32-bit/x86 PC:
C:\Program Files\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2

2.C:\ProgramData\Spybot – Search & Destroy

Please note that the “ProgramData” Folder is hidden.

If you can’t find this folder, please check your folder properties to ensure hidden
files/folders are displayed on your PC:
•Open Windows Explorer (or any folder).
•Click on “Organise”, then go to “Folder and search options”.
•Click on “View”, then select “Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drives”.

You should then restart your PC for the changes to take effect.

When you reinstall Spybot please go through with a Custom Installation.
To do this, select the option for "I want more control, more feedback and more responsibility"
in the Installation & Usage Mode page of the Setup.
Next, untick the box beside "Files necessary for antivirus scanning" in the
Select Componenets window of the installer then complete the installation of Spybot.

This should prevent the Bitdefender file from being installed which will stop this error from ocurring.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hopes this will work for all who have the same problem.

Marcel

Zenobia
2017-07-05, 04:53
I was getting the same error, and just reinstalled according to this post, and so far no error. Cool, thanks for posting the email, Marcel6969. :)

tk2017
2017-07-10, 21:13
The BitDefender problem is solved.

For those who are interrested in it I'll copy the mail I received from Rob of the Spybot Team:

>>>>>>>>
If you are using the Free Edition, please uninstall then reinstall Spybot.
In order to completely uninstall Spybot - Search & Destroy, please see the following link:
Before uninstalling Spybot, it is recommended to undo Immunization to avoid issues with
the uninstallation process.

It is also recommended to view Spybot’s Quarantine to restore any items you would like
to keep that were detected by Spybot. Once Spybot is uninstalled, these files cannot be
restored.

After Spybot has been uninstalled it is recommended to delete the following folders:
1.C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2
Or on a 32-bit/x86 PC:
C:\Program Files\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2

2.C:\ProgramData\Spybot – Search & Destroy

Please note that the “ProgramData” Folder is hidden.

If you can’t find this folder, please check your folder properties to ensure hidden
files/folders are displayed on your PC:
•Open Windows Explorer (or any folder).
•Click on “Organise”, then go to “Folder and search options”.
•Click on “View”, then select “Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drives”.

You should then restart your PC for the changes to take effect.

When you reinstall Spybot please go through with a Custom Installation.
To do this, select the option for "I want more control, more feedback and more responsibility"
in the Installation & Usage Mode page of the Setup.
Next, untick the box beside "Files necessary for antivirus scanning" in the
Select Componenets window of the installer then complete the installation of Spybot.

This should prevent the Bitdefender file from being installed which will stop this error from ocurring.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hopes this will work for all who have the same problem.

Marcel

I have tried this and it works fine again without ever causing the popup or any messages on shutdown. The Bitdefenderthreatscanner.dmp file is no longer created in Windows/Temp anymore. Thank you so much for posting this solution until they can fix it.