PDA

View Full Version : Homepage won't change

Maxx442
2006-09-24, 08:54
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and am running spybot and spysweeper. Have read thru zmarthas posts because our problems were similar. I tried the solutions she was given but had no luck.

Recently my computer has started making my homepage:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie6/downloads/default.mspx

I've always had Yahoo.com as my go to homepage and would like to again.

I've tried all the solutions given to zmartha but have had no luck.

Can anyone help?

Thank You Maxx

md usa spybot fan
2006-09-24, 17:03
From the following:
Why Can't I Change My IE Homepage?
http://naut.homestead.com/files/locked/locked.html

2) Homepages Locked by a Security Program

If the above fixes do not work, and you have no other indication that your system is infected with spyware, then it is likely that one of your security programs has locked your homepage. This is by design, to prevent a hijacking of your homepage.

<<< Snip >>>

-c) Spybot S&D:
Open Spybot>Mode>Advanced Mode>Tools>IE tweaks. Uncheck the 2 boxes next to the entries that begin "Lock IE..." Reboot

<<< Snip >>>

-f) Webroot's Spy Sweeper:
Click on Options > Program Options and uncheck "load at windows startup".
On the left click "shields" and then uncheck everything there.
Uncheck "home page shield".
Uncheck "automatically restore default without notification".

FORRESTNUMMY
2009-08-28, 06:13
For a IE that wont change your homepage when you go to settings and change it and it just goes back to whatever it was before, this is how to fix it. It is very simple,.. go into your C: local hard drive, then Documents and settings, and find YOUR profile ( example: Administrator) you may need to change folder options under tools to show hidden files. Go into your "Cookies" folder and delete every cookie that is in that folder. Now go into your Local settings folder and delete your temporary internet files ( just the internet files, not the folder) Now close out of everything and reopen Internet Explorer or whatever browser you are using and change your homepage again to what you want it to be. It will now change your homepage.