PDA

View Full Version : turn off internet protection, firewall, exclusions from scanning other Anti Viurus et

drdoo22
2017-10-31, 16:22
Hello, This is my first time here and I just bought Spybot on `10/29/17 and have yet to use as I have been copying and reading the enormous amount of info on the product. Once I got into looking at all the features I couldn't believe it had so many. I am an above average PC user but need some help on three things and If I am in the wrong place here sorry or even if I am anyplace at all lol. First, in the very upper right corner of the main Sypbot page with all the choices u have such as scan, immunization, startup tools etc. There are three items listed. The top one is Live Protection which as a red box next to it with an X next to it. I really don't know how that gets turn on or off. Maybe it turns to a green check when u run a scan??? The second item under it is Internet Protection which I thought was off in the Settings box but it has a green checkmark next it and I don't know how to turn it off as I don't want it on right now. The third one under that is for updates which I don't care is on or off. I suppose if Spybot is off it turns off??? The reason for my concern about this is I have Bitdefender Total Security 2017 as my AV. Well, I looked in my Security and Maintenance and it is showing their is a Firewall on from Spybot? How do I turn that off and where is it in Spybot. The other thing is it is showing as a second Anti Virus to my Bitdefender and is showing it is on and I don't want that on either and can't find where to shut it off?. Believe me I copied everything I could find about spybot even in the help info u get on the side when u click on any of the Help buttons. Before, I wrote here I have spent hours on these things trying to find some thing on Firewall and how to turn Spybot off itself as a program so it is not on when I don't want to use it and also the Internet Protection that is showing a green checkmark???? I have Win 10 Creators Desktop and have no problems whatsoever with it or my PC it is squeaky clean. I have never had a viurus etc. period as I maintain my PC well. I have other programs like Malwarebytes and Spyhunter that are both off and I use them when I want. They are also each have an Exclusion list for other programs I have like Bitdefender, Rogue Killer,the other two I just mentioned etc. I am looking for an Exclusion part of Spybot to list about 8 similar programs to what I listed here but cannot find one. Their is a whitelist and an Ignore list but, they are not for Anti Virus or other cleaning programs I don't want scanned. I hope this is understood. My email is Mod edit:Removed email address to avoid spam bots. if someone can help at least anything I wrote about. Thank u from a rookie. Pat / drdoo2

tashi
2017-10-31, 20:47
Hello drdoo22, :welcome:

Please see https://yt3.ggpht.com/-cwOUbmudlj4/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/Mi4TzLwjMzk/s88-c-k-no-mo-rj-c0xffffff/photo.jpgour videos and let us know if they are helpful to you.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4CZkQArtWf8yW26qiw5EcMKAv5g4xro7

Best regards.