PDA

View Full Version : No Blocked Sites show in Firefox after Immunization

DocCovington
2017-12-16, 21:57
Hello folks,

I have noticed something worrisome and would like to know how to resolve this issue: Whenever I immunize my system now, it shows that all Firefox entries have been successfully immunized. However, upon opening Firefox's Options and checking under Privacy & Security > History > Exceptions, none of the many websites supposedly blocked by Spybot's immunization show - the Exceptions list remains empty.

I am using Firefox 56.0.2 and Spybot 2.6.46.0.

Does anybody happen to know what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance for any helpful insight,
Doc

Zenobia
2017-12-17, 16:58
My exceptions list is empty in Firefox also. I checked in two different accounts. I unimmunized and re-immunized in both accounts, and it was still the same.
I'm not sure why that is happening. You can ask for help with Spybot support:
https://www.safer-networking.org/support/ticket/technical/

DocCovington
2017-12-18, 22:06
My exceptions list is empty in Firefox also. I checked in two different accounts. I unimmunized and re-immunized in both accounts, and it was still the same.
I'm not sure why that is happening. You can ask for help with Spybot support:
Thanks for the response, I will try contacting support then. :)

Zenobia
2017-12-18, 22:39
You're welcome. :)

xxyyz
2018-02-17, 23:40
Any news on this issue? I have the same issue with SeaMonkey

Zenobia
2018-02-19, 00:27
I looked and mine's still blank.
You could contact Spybot support and ask also. :)

DocCovington
2018-04-16, 13:08
I looked and mine's still blank.
You could contact Spybot support and ask also. :)
I did when I last posted on here, but haven't received a response for them to date.

Zenobia
2018-04-17, 08:28
I read on the forums that Team Spybot was having trouble with their emails awhile back, and I think it might have been around the time you originally posted. Sorry about that, I wasn't aware of the email problem when I sent you to their support page at the time.

I believe the email problem is all better now, since I haven't seen anyone posting about it for awhile. Unless (m/f) or tashi see this and respond by tomorrow, perhaps you could try sending a support request again.
https://www.safer-networking.org/support/ticket/
I believe you should receive an automated response via email after you fill out the form, and then a email response from a real person thereafter. If you don't get an automated response, or an email in a few days thereafter, could you please post back here? I think this should be an okay way to proceed. I'd then ask tashi for help with it. :)

tashi
2018-04-17, 18:38
Thank you Zenobia. :)

Hello DocCovington,

I did when I last posted on here, but haven't received a response for them to date.

I linked support to this topic and was informed a response was sent to you 12/28/2017, did you check any spam filters?

Best regards.

DocCovington
2018-05-20, 21:46
Hello DocCovington,

I linked support to this topic and was informed a response was sent to you 12/28/2017, did you check any spam filters?

Best regards.
Uhm, sorry, I didn't know you would respond by e-mail. Couldn't find anything, either.

My question is simple: In older versions of FF, when I would immunize my sytem (and browsers) with Spybot, the malicious sites would usually show up as "Blocked" in the list of sites/cookies in FF. They no longer do and haven't for almost a year, so I was wondering why that is.

Do you know anything about it?

tashi
2018-05-22, 17:21
Hello DocCovington,

Uhm, sorry, I didn't know you would respond by e-mail. Couldn't find anything, either.

My question is simple: In older versions of FF, when I would immunize my sytem (and browsers) with Spybot, the malicious sites would usually show up as "Blocked" in the list of sites/cookies in FF. They no longer do and haven't for almost a year, so I was wondering why that is.

Do you know anything about it?

If one opens a support ticket the response is sent by email.

Support sent you another email 04/08/18.

As far as I know this was the information provided.

"To view more information about the protection enabled by Immunization, please open detailed view of Immunization. Usually there are 4 rows for a Firefox user profile. Description of immunised items are in brackets: Cookies, Images, Installations, Popups.

Immunization entries are stored in the permissions.sqlite database of Mozilla Firefox. This database uses one table. It contains permission values for installing add-ons, cookies, pop-up and images. Usually value 1 is for allow item, 2 is for blocking the item and 8 allows an item for the session only.

To check the items and values of a permissions.sqlite database a user needs a forensic tool or a sqlite viewer.

If you would like to view the permissions.sqlite file, you can use a tool developed by Safer-Networking called FileAlzyer, which can be downloaded using the link below"

https://www.safer-networking.org/products/filealyzer/

Best regards. :)

DocCovington
2018-05-24, 08:08

"To view more information about the protection enabled by Immunization, please open detailed view of Immunization. Usually there are 4 rows for a Firefox user profile. [...]
This is not what I meant. In Spybot, the immunization works just fine.

I was asking why the blocked cookies are no longer listed within Firefox?

tashi
2018-05-24, 16:30
Hello DocCovington,

This is not what I meant. In Spybot, the immunization works just fine.

I was asking why the blocked cookies are no longer listed within Firefox?

That might be a question for Mozilla then, Firefox has frequent software updates.

xxyyz
2018-06-15, 01:29
Hello DocCovington,

If one opens a support ticket the response is sent by email.

Support sent you another email 04/08/18.

"To view more information about the protection enabled by Immunization, please open detailed view of Immunization. Usually there are 4 rows for a Firefox user profile. Description of immunised items are in brackets: Cookies, Images, Installations, Popups.

Immunization entries are stored in the permissions.sqlite database of Mozilla Firefox. This database uses one table. It contains permission values for installing add-ons, cookies, pop-up and images. Usually value 1 is for allow item, 2 is for blocking the item and 8 allows an item for the session only.

To check the items and values of a permissions.sqlite database a user needs a forensic tool or a sqlite viewer.

If you would like to view the permissions.sqlite file, you can use a tool developed by Safer-Networking called FileAlzyer, which can be downloaded using the link below"

https://www.safer-networking.org/products/filealyzer/

What exactly does "open detailed view of Immunization" mean?