PDA

View Full Version : access violation. what does it mean

chuck000
2018-01-28, 02:26
After downloading and running spybot s&d I proceded to open a software graphic editor. As I working, my computer began to beep just one constant low beep about every 5 seconds or less. I closed the open apps and there was a box open saying something similar to the following. Access violation at address 50037AD1 at rtl150.bpl. I could not close the box. I could NOT operate Spybot. I did copy and paste the error message into a google search. The first search response was from Microsoft answers. They said that it was something to do with Spybot and malware...in this one report that I read.
I usually research a topic thoroughly seeking solutions from several sources, but my computer beeping this threat warning had me kindda hyper. So, I uninstalled Spybot. I did include in the message box the violation message and ask for a response.

However, I thought a visit to this forum might bring an even faster response. I am hoping there is a fix and an answer.

I was running it on an older computer with Windows 7 which had been rolled back from Win 10 recently because the updates had finally outrun the legacy drivers on this older computer. I do believe that this copy of windows 7 is corrupted and in need of some tweaking/repair. I was hoping that Spybot might assist with that.

I do have CCleaner also which did seem to be very effective. I was only running Spybot has an additional check. Let me know if there are any txt files or info on my computer that may help that may still be left after removing Spybot. I did get a notice that a .dmp file had been logged by Bitdefender. I have never downloaded bitdefender. Don't know if that was embedded in your product or in CCleaner perhaps.

The attachment is from the one and only scan that I ran with Spybot. I don't think I ran a fix since all the reports were of a low threat threshold.

Thank you for any assistance

chuck000