PDA

View Full Version : Scanning multiple hard disks. Help!

jpenajr
2006-09-28, 01:32
I've read the FAQ's and found:

"I have two installations on my hard disk. Can I scan both at the same time? [link] Yes, if you have Windows 2000, XP or 2003, Spybot-S&D does allow you to scan inactive Windows versions as well, including the registry of other installations!
To scan your system including installations on other partitions, right-click the link/icon you use to start Spybot-S&D, and add /allhives to the command line (separated by a space from the rest). If you now start Spybot-S&D through this link, it will automatically detect other installations, and scan theirs registries and files as well."

I have ONE hard disk with W2K w\sp4 where Spybot is installed. Occasionally I add OTHER hard disks with W2k or WXP on them to try to scan them with the Spybot on the first hard disk.

I have tried adding the "/allhives" resulting in:
"C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /allhives

This appears not to work and results in an error message:
"The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format."

How can I make Spybot scan MULTIPLE HARD DISKS on the same machine at the same time (or in quick succession :^) without having to make each one the bootup device.

spybotsandra
2006-09-28, 10:12
Hello,

Please have a look at the "Directories" in the "Settings" when you run Spybot - Search & Destroy in "Advanced Mode". There you can add additional harddisks or folders.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot