PDA

View Full Version : Why is there not a corporate version of this?

redwraith94
2006-09-29, 03:57
I like spybot S&D, it is the best spyware remover I have used to date, with spysweeper coming in a close second.

It is awesome that it is provided free of charge to consumers, but I don't personally think much of businesses (especially in the U.S.) Why not charge them for it to generate revenue? Even if it is reasonably priced there is a huge market for it, and I am sure that there are a slew of network admins out there, who, like myself would purchase a client / server based version in a heart beat.

Until then I have to give my corporate business to webroot, but I would vastly prefer to give it here, because this is a solid tool, offered free of charge to the masses. Make some money off of businesses! Make a corporate version!

Mike

tashi
2006-09-29, 04:46
Hello redwraith94

Thank you for your nice feedback :flowers: and please see this link for our Corporate Users.

http://www.safer-networking.ie/en/index.html

Cheers.

bigbaldbloke
2006-10-25, 22:44
Does that mean that Spybot, in its free form, cannot be used by businesses or that just the networked version has costs associated with it?

spybotsandra
2006-10-26, 09:35
Hello,

That is correct.

Spybot Search and Destroy is only free for private use.
Private users are asked for donations.

The licence agreement is available on: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/paragraphs/spybotsd_license1.html

Corporate users are requested to purchase a license.
More informations are availible at: www.safer-networking.ie .

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

noel-pr7
2006-10-28, 01:05
Does that mean that Spybot, in its free form, cannot be used by businesses or that just the networked version has costs associated with it?

yup. business & corporate users will have to pay for the "corporate" version of Spybot S&D

tashi
2006-10-28, 17:15
As already stated previously Noel. ;)

Hello,

That is correct.

Spybot Search and Destroy is only free for private use.

See above for full text.