PDA

View Full Version : eset/ekrn.exe removal

PhilM
2018-10-01, 03:35
I made the mistake of trying eset's trial edition. Now there is a file/folder I cannot erase/quarantine. The result is I continue to get popups from eset and them trying to block certain sites. How can I finally kill it? p.s. I found SPYBOT quite by accident and I am truly impressed and intend to purchase the advanced edition. I also run "UnHackMe" to which I have a lifetime license. It has always rescued me and continues to do so. But even with their startup Partizan I still cannot kill the eset bug. Any suggestions?

PhilM
2018-10-01, 04:01
I used eset-anti-malware/virus protection on another pc and was pleased with the product. I also d/l'ed a trial version on a new pc but now I cannot delete this ekrn.exe file they have implanted. It interferes continually now and forces me to approve or wait while a site is white-listed by them. I also run "UnHackMe" on this pc which is a wonderful rootkit remover. I found SPYBOT quite by accident, ran it, but still no success exterminating this ekrn.exe file implanted by eset. Any suggestions?

tashi
2018-10-01, 04:39
Hello PhilM,

Please post your issue in the Eset forums (https://forum.eset.com/), there are several topics there regarding NOD32 Antivirus ekrn.exe :)

Best regards.