PDA

View Full Version : Error running update signature routine for first time

John Lyon
2020-08-25, 00:45
Just installed latest full version of SpyBot Search & Destroy + AV (ver 2.8.67.0), along with SpyBot Anti-Beacon. Applied license routine. Running SpyBot for first time, an update of file signatures is required. Twice I have attempted to do this, but each time the software goes into a seemingly endless search routine that never finishes! After letting it run for about 12 hours in the background I had to finally cancel this routine. Because I couldn't complete the file signatures update, the software will not let me do any other operations it is designed for (such as a system scan or a rootkit scan). What can I do to correct this issue?

Zenobia
2020-08-25, 02:58
Hello. :)
There's a link to download antispyware updates on the Spybot page, but it isn't possible to manually download antivirus updates that way. Therefore, it would be best if you contacted Spybot support on their contact page, to get help with that. Please see here:
https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform

Tika Gunner
2023-02-02, 04:38
Took a snippet of a pic it shows 0 downloads like its not connected and have tried several times but just sits there then when asks to install the Live Protection says look in system tray and not there, says here Off and cant even turn on13336 see here?

PepiMK
2023-02-02, 09:32
Looks a bit like the background service is not reacting. Dos this still happen after a reboot?

roberto
2023-02-02, 10:47
Hello Tika,

what Windows version are you running? Is there any update log available?

C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs\updates.log

Kind regards,
roberto.