PDA

View Full Version : Spybot and System Restore

White Phoenix
2020-08-25, 15:06
I have been having issues with Windows’ System Restore anyway, but lately it has become worse. Every time I need to do a system restore, restore points have come up missing. Which is bad enough, but when I do a restore, System Restore winds up with a message that nothing was changed because one file was blocking it or missing. It also suggests that another program may be blocking it, citing first an anti-virus application.

So now I want to know if Spybot would prevent System Restore from functioning.

If Spybot doesn’t then System Restore has some other problem.

If it does, then that means I would need to deactivate Spybot anytime I need to do a restore. I would rather not do that. Besides, creating a restore point doesn’t bother Spybot, so why would using a restore point be a problem?

Any light that you can shed on this problem will be welcome. I am using Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit.

Zenobia
2020-08-25, 20:58
Which Spybot version do you have currently and which edition (Spybot Free, Home, Professional, etc.)? :)

White Phoenix
2020-08-29, 05:11
Which Spybot version do you have currently and which edition (Spybot Free, Home, Professional, etc.)? :)
Nuts. Knew I forgot something. 2.7.65 Home Edition.

Zenobia
2020-08-29, 23:36
Okay, thank you. :)

Could you rightclick Spybot start center and select Run as Administrator. In the lower right corner of Spybot, please click Show Details. Checkmark Advanced User Mode, then click Settings, then the Live Protection tab. Then click the Decisions tab. Is there anything listed in there?