PDA

View Full Version : Spybot S&D wont exit

thenintendofreak
2006-10-02, 18:50
well this is a common problem, from experience, but it gets annoying when it happends, i finished updating/scanning and find no known threats horray! but when i go to close spybot it doesnt want to close, you can still use spybot s&d to the fullest extent it just doesnt want to close, you could wait till midnight the next day. other then that i love the program, its dependable and relatively easy to use

1. ive closed out all programs, browsers and disabled the antivirus(kaspersky latest version)
2.at time i can only exit by going to the task manager and clicking 'end task'
3.i have uninstalled, deleted the program folder, and re-installed the program
(4. not a thermal issue fan is secure and is blown out once a week)
i am running a 2.8ghz intel dual core with windows xp 1gig mem

2 questions, anyone else have this problem? and what would cause it to not want to close?

TamaraAAI
2006-10-04, 16:01
I experienced this problem for the first time today. Besides not being able to close (but being able to use the product) - a Ctl+Alt+Del End Task didn't work. Instead I got the error message (not responding) and had to say "End Now" and file an Error report.

I'd like to know what that's all about....

Tamara

bitman
2006-10-04, 18:58
Do your PCs have HyperThreading Technology (HTT) capability? If your Task Manager has two sets of CPU Usage charts, they likely are.

If so, try going into the Task Manager 'Processes' tab, right click SpybotSD.exe while it's running, select 'Set Affinity' and then select only 'Processor 0' (zero). This will force Spybot S&D to only use the first processor.

Now try using and then exiting Spybot S&D. If it works, there is an issue with Spybot S&D and HyperThreading on your PC. If not, we'll need to look somewhere else.

Bitman