PDA

View Full Version : Quarantine Authentication Notification

DonZ01
2022-05-24, 00:21
Please see the attached Quarantine Authentication Notification file.
Please advise?
Thanks!

Zenobia
2022-05-25, 02:58
Hello. :)

That happens when you open Quarantine through the Spybot tray?
I checked my own Spybot quarantine, and I don't get that warning.
I'm running Spybot version 2.9.82.0. Is that the version that you have? If you open Spybot Start Center, then click Help and then About it shows the version.

DonZ01
2022-05-25, 09:33
Yes, this happens when I run Quarantine by the Spybot Tray icon.
That is how I have been running Quarantine for years and I never before got the Quarantine Authentication Notification.
I am running Spybot version 2.9.82.0, too, as that must be a new version as a shortcut was recently created for Spybot Start Center on my Windows screen which I deleted since I do not use that.
I assume that Quarantine was not authenticated in the new Spybot version 2.9.82.0, according to the Quarantine Authentication Notification.
My PC is Windows 11 Home 64 Bit.
Can you please have the Spybot Team look into that?
Thanks!

(m/f)
2022-05-25, 11:27
Hi, this error was reported several times now. We updated some files and although this error did not occur in our test systems, it seems to be not that rare with other users. We are looking for the cause right now.

A reinstallation will probably fix this, although this is what we wanted to spare users.

DonZ01
2022-06-04, 02:38
I do not get the Quarantine Authentication Notification anymore on my PC after I run Quarantine.

(m/f)
2022-06-07, 13:16
That is good news, thanks for the kind reply.