PDA

View Full Version : Question about Spybot AntiBeacon

Doghouse
2023-05-21, 21:24
Hi from a newbie, apologies if this isn't the right place, please redirect me if necessary.

Version 1.5.0.35, old but still good (maybe). I have everything 'Fixed', ie anything I can keep to myself I do. Windows 10, SD Antibeacon trapped everything but since an obligatory Win 10 update last week Telemetry for Office 15 and Office 16 keep unblocking themselves. I don't use any version of Office. This is confirmed by Windows Privacy Tweaker 3.0.2. Fine, I can re-block them in SD AB and deselect in Tweaker but it only seems to stay like that for a few minutes.

Various questions, bearing in mind my paranoia about Microsoft and everyone else in the slurping business -

1. If I lash out on the latest SD AB will Telemetry stay blocked? Is there a Win 10 setting that will disable Office Telemetry permanently? TIA

Zenobia
2023-05-23, 04:50
I'm not redirecting you because this is the wrong place, it's just I'm unsure on the answer to your question. :)
So unless you get another answer here from someone who knows it, you might like to fill out the Spybot contact form to ask it. There's an anti-beacon section on the form in the pull-down menu under Software & License.
https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform

Doghouse
2023-05-24, 09:25
Thank you, I will do that.

Zenobia
2023-05-25, 08:44
You're welcome. Good luck. :)