PDA

View Full Version : SDScan.exe Prevents scan completion

Sceneryguru
2023-09-14, 17:34
Good Morning Group:

Error message as follows:

SDScan.exe - No Disk

"There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive.
\Device\Harddisk2\DR2.

The error options: Cancel, Try Again, Continue

I couldn't clear the error. Cannot finish the scan.

Any constructive feedback is welcome.

TNX

Sceneryguru

Zenobia
2023-09-15, 05:35
Good morning. :)

There was a similar error happening quite a few years ago. Could you let me know what operating system your computer is running? And your version of Spybot?
And is there any chance you have a disk drive, dvd drive or zip drive? Or a removable drive? Thanks.

Sceneryguru
2023-09-15, 13:29
Good morning. :)

There was a similar error happening quite a few years ago. Could you let me know what operating system your computer is running? And your version of Spybot?
And is there any chance you have a disk drive, dvd drive or zip drive? Or a removable drive? Thanks.

Good Morning Zenobia:

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

SpyBot: Ver: 2.9.82.0
Start Center: 2.9.82.139

Elements 10B8 mass storage
USB MTT Hub
Internal DVD Drive

I appreciate your thoughts on this error message.

All The Best

Sceneryguru

Zenobia
2023-09-16, 02:59
Okay, thanks. :)
A very similar error message used to happen sometimes when people were running a spybot scan if they had a removable drive configured as drive letter C:\
Is there any chance your dvd drive or any other drives might be configured as drive letter C:\?

Sceneryguru
2023-09-17, 20:56
Okay, thanks. :)
A very similar error message used to happen sometimes when people were running a spybot scan if they had a removable drive configured as drive letter C:\
Is there any chance your dvd drive or any other drives might be configured as drive letter C:\?

No, my primary internal drive is C:\

The error message in question is recent. Prior to that, SpyBot ran without issue. At the moment I can't run SpyBot to its termination.

I want to keep the software on my desktop. Hopefully, a solution is forthcoming.

All The Best

Sceneryguru

Zenobia
2023-09-18, 05:23
You posted on the 14th. The weekly updates usually are released on Wednesday's, and the 14th was the day after. If this error started happening very recently, I wonder if it might be related to one of the weekly updates somehow. I'm not sure if that's possible, but it would be worth opening a support ticket to ask about the error.
Could you please contact Team Spybot using this form?
https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform

In the meantime, until you hear back from them, you could try putting in a dvd in the dvd drive while you do a Spybot Scan as a temporary solution. It may not work, as I'm not sure what drive Spybot is attempting to scan, but it might be worth a try. This is what some people did when this error came up before.

Sceneryguru
2023-09-21, 13:41
You posted on the 14th. The weekly updates usually are released on Wednesday's, and the 14th was the day after. If this error started happening very recently, I wonder if it might be related to one of the weekly updates somehow. I'm not sure if that's possible, but it would be worth opening a support ticket to ask about the error.
Could you please contact Team Spybot using this form?
https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform

In the meantime, until you hear back from them, you could try putting in a dvd in the dvd drive while you do a Spybot Scan as a temporary solution. It may not work, as I'm not sure what drive Spybot is attempting to scan, but it might be worth a try. This is what some people did when this error came up before.

Thanks Zenobia.

Zenobia
2023-09-22, 07:39
You're welcome. Good luck, I hope you get it fixed. :)