PDA

View Full Version : Slow computer or virus?

sunshine&flowerpots
2023-11-18, 21:57
Hi,

My computer has been running slow for a while, I suspect something is in the background but wasn't sure until the last few days. I've noticed that when I left the computer on overnight (I shut close all apps, then turn of the screen, but leave the computer on) the last few mornings when I have gone to my computer, the machine has been running really fast - sounds like it's going to take off & the CPU is running at 100%. I've had to shut it down completely to stop it.

I've ran the FRST but I'm having trouble running the aswMBR - I get a system error message - Device has ran into a problem and needs to restart. I've tried re-running the app & have the same message each time. I update the Avast, then let it run. The computer closes, restarts as normal. Then nothing.

tashi
2023-11-20, 23:54
Hello sunshine&flowerpots,

Unfortunately the malware forum here is closed and malware logs are not allowed in the Spybot forum.

Apologies,

tashi

sunshine&flowerpots
2023-11-21, 19:57
Hi Tashi,

Sorry to hear that. Is there any other forums you can recommend?

Thanks

tashi
2023-11-22, 01:09
Hi sunshine&flowerpots,

A lot of them have closed their malware forums but BleepingComputer has an open one here (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-help/)

Hope that helps,

tashi

sunshine&flowerpots
2023-11-22, 08:35
Ah, thank you.