PDA

View Full Version : How do I exclude directories from scanning?

RBEmerson
2024-06-10, 19:09
I use a flight sim called X-Plane, and one of the add-ons is scenery enhancement called AutoOrtho (AO). Part of the enhancement process involves many very small files with scenery details. There are typically literally at least tens of thousands of files, and hitting hundreds of thousands of files is possible. Without the AO files, my system scans take roughly 30-40 minutes to complete. With AO, scans now take roughly six hours, and this on an i9 system with 64 Gb of memory, and SSD's.

How do I exclude AO's directories from system scans? Because of the number, and nature of file naming, excluding individual files is not possible.

Zenobia
2024-06-11, 07:53
I'm not 100% certain on it, but where you have the Home version of Spybot you might be able to gear something up using the instructions at the end of this thread:
https://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?77747-How-to-turn-off-spybot-for-a-specific-directory

RBEmerson
2024-06-12, 01:09
I have the pro version. NTL I'll follow up on the suggestion in the thread you cited, and report back on the results.

Zenobia
2024-06-15, 05:37
Okay, cool.