PDA

View Full Version : immunize

stutt
2005-10-26, 00:06
every time i immunize s&d i get the same message.7395 bad products already blocked,3772 additional products possible.please immunize.i get a totalof 11167.the first number changes after an update but the second number stays the same.why is this happening and can it be fixed?

md usa spybot fan
2005-10-26, 00:32
There have been several problems reported with the counts within the Spybot's immunization facility since the introduction of Spybot 1.4. Although the counts are not consistent it does not appear that the actual immunization is affected.

Try going into Spybot > Immunize > then do an "Undo" followed by an "Immunize" and see if the counts are better.

What OS are you running and how many users accounts are there?

stutt
2005-10-26, 02:14
im using windows xp home edition.the problem is after i immunize and than check again it asks me to immunize again .this happens every time i immunize

md usa spybot fan
2005-10-26, 02:54
I understand what the problem is. Did you attempt to do as suggested?

Try going into Spybot > Immunize > then do an "Undo" followed by an "Immunize" and see if the counts are better

Also how many users are defined on the system.

stutt
2005-10-26, 18:50
yes i did what you said and i am the only user on the computer

mb310
2005-12-13, 21:22
I too had the problem of 2386 products blocked when immunized but when rechecked still 6 remained. The undo and re-immunization did not solve the problem

spybotsandra
2005-12-14, 11:01
Hello,

This is a little bug in Spybot - Search & Destroy. The programm tries to immunize other accounts.
We are about to locate this bug and fix it.
The fix will be downloadable with our next program upgrade.
We hope that it will be available soon.

Some more information is availible at our forum:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=78

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Gwyn1
2006-01-28, 22:17
Hello,

This is a little bug in Spybot - Search & Destroy. The programm tries to immunize other accounts.
We are about to locate this bug and fix it.
The fix will be downloadable with our next program upgrade.
We hope that it will be available soon.

Some more information is availible at our forum:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=78

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Any news yet regarding this as I am still having the problem as described by mbB310.

Thanks

Gwyn1
2006-02-08, 14:57
Any news yet regarding this as I am still having the problem as described by mbB310.

Thanks

I posted this on the 28 january and have had no reply, could someone please inform me what the situation is regarding the above issue.

Thanks

spybotsandra
2006-02-08, 15:11
Hello,

As i said the fix will be downloadable with our next version upgrade which is currently being tested. So please be patient.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

pwillener
2006-02-10, 10:54
Is there going to be a beta test? I would love to take part in the beta.

bigrabbit
2006-04-01, 17:44
I am having the same problem.

One of the things I always do is look at the file version numbers

Spybot S&D teatimer version 1.4.0.2

Spybot S&D version 1.4.0.3

I noticed a slight difference in the version numbers. Is this a possible avenue of investigation or is all as it should be?

I am also running

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:6.0.631.003
TrueVector version:6.0.631.003
Driver version:6.0.631.003
Anti-virus Vet engine version:11.9.1.000
Anti-virus signature DAT file version:11.9.9723.000
Anti-spyware engine version:4.1.7.0
Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200603.235

My system is WIN ME and I am the sole user

hope this info is helpful to those of you working on a solution

Sanja
2006-05-16, 13:49
I too had the problem of 2386 products blocked when immunized but when rechecked still 6 remained. The undo and re-immunization did not solve the problem
Same here..Before i did this i had 20 remained and now that i've done this undo prcedure i now even have 25.
And i'm the only user on the computer so this isn't causing the problem,it's probably something else....What should i do?:confused:

mmmiya
2006-11-04, 04:54
I just discovered the same problem on 2 of my computers as well (with different numbers). One is a laptop running XP Pro, the other is a desktop running XP Home, both as Admin and no other users.

The "Immunize > Undo > Immunize" attempt didn't work for me. I removed/reinstalled Spybot twice (and cleaned my registry both times) but the problem persists. A system rollback to last month didn't help either.

lelton
2007-06-19, 04:22
Hi, your problem above was solved well with your work around to un-immunize then re-immunize.

I also have problems where "regular" network users are not able to remove all spyware. I have a piece of side security software that raises the writes of the spybot application to be administrator, but... some spyware still can not be removed (Spysherrif, etc..).

Any additional settings to get Spybot to remove all spyware even when running as a regular user ? :alien:

Les Elton
Network Admin.