PDA

View Full Version : Internet Security 2006 email scanning

bayridge
2006-10-07, 05:48
When I get incoming emails and a virus is attached, a window pops up letting me know this. I get dozens of these a day and it is very annoying to have the new window open up while I'm working on something else. I can get it to stop if I turn off scanning of incoming emails, but I don't want to do that. Is there a way to turn this annoying thing off.

I'm not talking about that little popup from the task bar. This is a new window about one-fourth of a full size screen. This is the text from that screen.

Notification

Incoming Mail Scan
Incoming Mail Scan detected a virus or other type of malware, and performed the action specified.

Action taken: Unable to clean infected file. The file was deleted.
Subject: Members Support
Sender:
Malware name: WORM_MYTOB.NF
Note: If Search for and clean Trojans is turned on and executed after scanning, click Next to view the final action taken.

spybotsandra
2006-10-09, 13:37
Hello,

This is a normal procedure if you scan your e-mails for spam.

Further it is a Norton support issue.

So i would recommend to ask their support team.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

bayridge
2006-10-09, 19:40
Norton? I thought it was TrendMicro or Symantec. Anyway, I haven't been able to get any help there. There keep sending canned responses. Thought maybe someone here had a clue. Thanks.

tashi
2006-10-09, 19:54
Hello.

Symantec is Norton.

This topic may be of interest. ;)

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=7683

bayridge
2006-10-09, 22:14
Ok. Read all this stuff. So tell me what to use. I need my email scanned and other things protected. I have Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2006 and its going to expire. I have Trend Micro Anti Spyware. I have WinPatrol Plus. What should I use for complete protection?

bayridge
2006-10-10, 00:09
Why did you move post? The were a lot of other posts about this there, 7 pages of them. No one is going to know what I'm talking about with it moved here. At least over there it was on the same topic that people were following.

tashi
2006-10-10, 00:29
Hello

I moved your post so that you might receive answers to your question rather than being buried in a Poll topic.

So tell me what to use. I need my email scanned and other things protected. I have Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2006 and its going to expire. I have Trend Micro Anti Spyware. I have WinPatrol Plus. What should I use for complete protection?

No one can 'tell' you what to use as everyone has different needs in their software.

For instance I use Eset's NOD32 as my anti virus program, I also like Kaspersky. Both are paid products.

There are also good free products available, have you read this article:
So how did I get infected in the first place? By Tony Klein (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=279)