PDA

View Full Version : What the hell caused my immunizer to have over 1k things not immunized?

cheater87
2006-10-07, 08:03
I updated it earlier and i went to check it nothing to block good. I go to check it again and there are over 1k things to block. I use FF. I only use IE for email checking. What could of caused this? Oh and i don't open fishy emails.

spybotsandra
2006-10-09, 13:38
Hello,

We are sorry, but the Immunization does not work for Firefox, it is only for the Internet Explorer.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

redgypsee
2006-10-10, 00:30
I use Firefox too. How do I make sure I am immunized?

spybotsandra
2006-10-10, 11:13
Did you read what i wrote above?

cheater87
2006-10-13, 17:11
i know it only works for IE im wondering how come that many things had to be immunized if the only thing i use IE for is email checking. I updated it and went to immunize earlier and it said everything was blocked then i went to do a scan a couple hours after i accidently hit immunize instead of scan and thats when i saw all those things.

md usa spybot fan
2006-10-13, 17:59
cheater87:

Are you running on a Windows XP system with multiple users? Did you happen to logon to another user account and back to the user account you were originally on without rebooting the system? If so the second user's HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry hive will be loaded and be accessible to Spybot. Since Spybot can now access the second user's HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry hive, it can also immunize it. After having logged on to a second user account, if you return to the original user account without rebooting, Spybot will be able to immunize additional items (2402 additional items with the updates dated 2006-10-13).

md usa spybot fan
2006-10-13, 18:28
Clarification of the following in the above post:

… (2402 with the updates dated 2006-10-13).
There would actually be 3417 additional items immunized (added to the registry) but due to counting quirks the immunization count would show 2402 additional items.

captain_gut
2006-10-16, 14:24
im wondering how come that many things had to be immunized if the only thing i use IE for is email checking.

Spybot-S&D's immunization doesn't "know" that you're using IE for chechking your emails only, so it immunizes all that is possible.
So, in case you might exceptionally use it for another purpose you will be immunized in the first place.