PDA

View Full Version : on the weird side

tangrene
2006-10-07, 12:08
OK, I am NOT crazy. I just ran my Spybot advanced settings. Have used Spybot for at least 4 years...so am pretty used to it. 2/3 of the way thru the scan I am sitting here reading the spybot web site when a rather LOUD Horse neighing sound came thru my speakers. It did not come from my head...I promise. It took me about a split second to think OH that is a cute way to alert someone to a found trojan horse...but this is not the case. Spybot only found 3 problems and they were all related to the fact I have my Windows auto critical updates. I have never personally had a trojan infection...at least not fot the last 2o years or so of PC work. I doubt that an infection would alert you with the sound of a horse...LOL. I have a paranoid level of security, all the usual ones. Unlikely I have a trojan since before running Spybot I scanned with AV, several spyware scanners as well as 2 firewalls.

So....do I need to go check into the local Psych ward tonight if I hear it again...or am I sane and there is a simple explaination?? HAHA!

md usa spybot fan
2006-10-07, 16:28
There is a horse nay in Spybot. It is associated with the "Easter Egg" KnightHop game that is built into Spybot. I don't know why horse nay would have sounded unless you activated the KnightHop game. The KnightHop game can be initiated from any screen in Spybot by clicking on the small symbol just to the left of the title in the right pane of any screen (binoculars on the scan screen, first aid kit on the recovery screen, etc.).

Also see:
KnightHop
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=10

tangrene
2006-10-08, 06:37
I can't tell you how wonderful it is to hear that there really WAS a horse nay. I totally forgot about the easter egg I read about many years ago. Can you tell me what the name of that wav file is? I am a type A personality...and it will save me more searching for the file. YES...I have searched my media folder, the spybot folder, the Office folder and any other I could think of for a "horse" wav. I told you I was ...well you get the idea. LOL~!

I suppose I must have accidently clicked something while I was browsing and had the spybot running behind the window. I have never played the game..but I do know I did not see any unusual activity other than my hallucination. ;-)

Thanks! tangrene