PDA

View Full Version : General and specific Spybot questions

diablo1201
2006-10-08, 00:26
Hello to all. Forgive a noob if the questions have been answered a ton of times.
First off my pc was at a crawl recently so I downloaded Adaware and Spybot and ran both. Adaware keeps locking up after about 105k files. The few times it worked it removed quite a handful of items. The same with Spybot except that both times I ran Spybot each scan ran about 5 hours! I don't remember anything nearly that long back when.
Problem #2 Even though I ran both programs and my Norton scan came back clean if I go to Google and type in Adaware or even Spybot or any number of other things if I click on the link I get redirected to another similar type site. Annoying as hell! Where do you suggest I go to seek and destroy these SOB's short of their offices and personally throttle them?
Thanks for the help!

LonnyRJones
2006-10-13, 09:13
Welcome diablo1201

Please go here and follow instructions.
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
Post A Hijackthis log and an online scan report here in this thread.
Someone will then take a look at the system and advise you.

tashi
2006-10-18, 17:21
As the information requested in the forum procedure has not been posted, this topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread; this applies only to the original topic starter.