PDA

View Full Version : not-a-virus-hoax.eu

mainstang
2006-10-10, 21:00
This keeps popping up in my avg Ewido scan tool. I deleted it once in safe mode. This is the only thing that keeps coming back. Im new to the antispy/malware game so if someone has the time to help me it would be greatly apprieciate. Just let me know what to do, or what info you need

mainstang
2006-10-10, 22:37
I originally got a red circle with an X in the middle saying to download antispyware windows will find it for me. I rebooted in safe mode ran nortan anitvirus, the ewido and ewido found a couple problems. I deleted all of them. I then rebooted in normal and ran ewido again and the only file it found was the not-a-virus-hoax.eu ((the .eu could have been .renos)) cant really rember for sure. I guy that used to work on computers was helping me threw it but I have the feeling that I was bothering him. I would really like to learn more about the whole virus spyware thing so maybe I can help my parents to.

LonnyRJones
2006-10-15, 10:45
Welcome

First thing to do is read our sticky's for instructions
Please go here and follow instructions.
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
Post A Hijackthis log and an online scan report here in this thread.

tashi
2006-10-20, 19:30
As the information requested has not been provided, this topic has been archived. :)

If you need it re-opened please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread; this applies only to the original topic starter.