PDA

View Full Version : Computer not booting

L8u8k8e8
2006-10-14, 08:21
This problem started when I set Spybot to run once at boot, when it boot it didnt work, and the computer completely halted after the windows screen, but before explorer would launch.

I could, through control panel, run explorer, and got back to spybot, I undid the option and rebooted to the same halt.

I reset it again with a few new options, and got the Spybot scan to work, and then once it finished, the comptuer booted normally.

To check I rebooted to see if it would still work, after the reboot, Spybot didnt run, but it halted on the boot at the same place again.

I reset Spybot to run once and it worked once, then froze the seccond.

I tried setting Spybot to run at all boot, but it wouldnt launch on boot.

At this point I dont really care to have it run on boot for these problems, I just want my computer to boot without me turning it on and off 2 times.

Thanks in advance, and whomever responds to this, if you need any more information, just let me know what you need, and I'll get it up.

sultan_emerr
2006-10-17, 07:30
Hi L8u8k8e8,
Welcome to the forum. Sorry about your problems. Have you tried opening SpyBot, and clicking on "Help" at the top?

http://i11.tinypic.com/2crkkuo.png

L8u8k8e8
2006-10-18, 02:58
With all due respect, how did that even come close to helping the problem I described.

The system startup part of the help program does not even address the problem, it is a part of the spybot program that helps to identify startup programs, nothing to what I need.

moldybagel23
2006-10-18, 09:09
I'm confused with your problem :sick: You might wanna try re-installing spybot, that might fix the problem. If that does not work, hopefully tashi can help you.

LonnyRJones
2006-10-18, 17:09
Hi L8u8k8e8
Please start a topic in our malware section, post a Hijackthis and a free antivirus online scan so we can get a closer look at your system.
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
Dont post those logs here though.