PDA

View Full Version : Can't Ignore Future Scans Update Notify

sandybeach
2006-10-15, 08:18
On my HP Laptop (XP Home SP2) running scan reveals( since I manually disabled on purpose) MS Windows Security Centre: Update Notify Disabled. D word=0.:cool:
Not a problem BUT....
1) When I right click (with select box checked or unchecked) although I can see the option to ignore in future scans, it is greyed-out (won't click). Mostly I can just select/unselect, copy,export to log etc. Even if I create log or report, it still remains greyed-out/inactive.:sad:
2) when I go to Ignore Products, either All or Security (or C)sbi, there are an even dozen(?) labelled as MS Windows Sec....but nothing I have tried (including cursor over) will give the rest of the item description so I have no way to determine WHICH of the dozen boxes is the one involving Update Notify. I would prefer not to disable/ignore All Dozen. What to Do??:rolleyes:
Thanks in Advance for your insight! Sandy

Zenobia
2006-10-15, 09:13
a.Click the plus sign next to Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.UpdateDisableNotify,then click on
Settings
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\UpdatesDisableNotify!=dword:0 with your mouse and right-click,Exclude this detection from further searches and Exclude this product from further searches should no longer be grayed out.If you choose Exclude this detection from further searches,Spybot will put it in Ignore Single Entries.
b. To see the full Product line in ignore products,if you put your mouse cursor on the faint line to the left of Details,your cursor should change to a line with two arrows going through the middle,then click and drag right until you can see the full lines.

sandybeach
2006-10-16, 08:31
Thankyou v. much for your quick & informative reply!:bigthumb:
I will try suggestion when laptop gets home! You're an:angel: !! Sandy

Zenobia
2006-10-17, 03:53
You're welcome. :)

sandybeach
2006-10-18, 01:18
I followed suggestions for "exclude from further detections" with full success!:bigthumb:
I then went to practice the revealing "of full product line(s)" and came a cropper. When I put cursor over line & get the drag symbol, upon left click,hold & drag, All the various product lines within the box started doing a variant of an Irish Jig! Sort of like the jitter you get once when clicking "refresh" on your desktop except quickly repeating (3 times/second?) non-stop. Nothing else on the screen shows abnormal behavior (visually) but the whole program stops responding, no other tabs or clicks work, and even using C/A/D/ has no effect :oops:
except to bring up task mgr (taking much longer than usual) which reports "not responding " and cannot close or function except to close its' self. Only escape:sick:
(esc button doesn't!) was to hard crash & reboot using on/off power switch.
I repeated this process several times with the exact same (non) result.
Is this something that should go to the bug report forum??
Since the action ,I did in fact, desire (ignore further), is working (confirmed as IN the single entries list) I'm happy enough!! :) Any Ideas? Sandy.

Zenobia
2006-10-18, 02:10
I'm not sure what would cause that,sorry it happened. :spider: It should have just slid Details over a little bit,so you could see the full product line fully.I don't have any ideas at the moment,but perhaps some others will have some thoughts.

sandybeach
2006-10-18, 07:06
Keep up the great work. I for one, have more faith & trust in Patrick & Team Spybot than any other operation in the field. It takes alot of courage & character to stand up to the outside pressures and to protect us no matter what! (musically)"Stand Tall & See Them Falling Over.." (Genesis).:bigthumb: