PDA

View Full Version : MySoft - umgeleiteter Host --w.k-lite.com

RollaCoasta
2005-10-26, 05:16
Hi @All,

first a big THX to PepiMK and Team Spybot for providing the Tool and now also the Forum here. *thumbsup*

I installed yesterday a well known fliesharing tool (the one that is said, it brings NO spyware) and checked during install also the box for "KL Supertrick - to avoid advertisement popups".
When I ran today Spybot S & D v1.4 (actuall detection-updates) it showed:

+ MySoft 1 Einträge
Umgeleiteter Host
--w.k-lite.com=127.0.0.1 (I took out 2 "W"s )

In the Host-file the "Supertrick" has put plenty more - particular similar - domains, all of them mapped to 127.0.0.1. And I think, that's ok, isn't it? Only the above mentioned one, is shown by Spybot S&D.

Am I right, that this is a false positiv?

Greetings
RollaCoasta

(Sorry for my bad English, it's not my native language)

tashi
2005-10-26, 07:24
Hello RollaCoasta and welcome to the forums. :)

KL Supertrick indicates you are using kazaalite.

Let us know please so that we can proceed from there.

Cheers.

RollaCoasta
2005-10-26, 15:10
Hello RollaCoasta and welcome to the forums. :)

KL Supertrick indicates you are using kazaalite.

Let us know please so that we can proceed from there.

Cheers.
Hi Tashi,
yes, you're right, it is kazaalite that I installed. I only didn't name it directly, because some webmasters and forum-mods see the thing about it's legal status somehow different (while I use it of course only to share legal stuff) and don't want it to be mentioned in their boards. ;)

I know the difference between kazaa and kazaalite, and I know that the domain w_w.k-lite.com was in the past used for fooling people, that they thought they will get kazaalite there, while the got the spyware-messed up kazaa.
And also now it doesn't look like a site that should be trusted in. That's why I think, it's allright when this domain is on the host-list. For example to prevent unexperienced users - looking for updates - going to that site.

Regards
RollaCoasta

tashi
2005-10-27, 03:09
Hi RollaCoasta.

I understand that "KL supertrick" is an ad blocking software program that is part of Kazaalite so if you know how *_w.k-lite.com was added to your HOSTS file and approve that is fine.

However kazaalite is a crack/warez program illegally modified to remove the spyware.

If you remove kazaalite, run another Spybot-S&D scan and still have that item flagged please let us know. ;)

For more information about a HOSTS File:
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

If you do suspect malware on the computer it would be a good idea to go to a site with a malware removal forum which uses the tool HJT to cleanup.

You would be asked to remove kazaalite as most sites will not condone or support a warez program.

Good place to start:

http://asap.maddoktor2.com/

Good luck!

RollaCoasta
2005-10-27, 04:25
Hi Tashi,

THX a lot for your immediate reply. :)

Yes I know that (and why) a lot of people see KL as warez. My opinion in that is somehow different ( - but that's another thing :cool: ).

I was only confused, that Spybot S&D marked just this one entry *.k-lite.com as malicious, while it didn't care about nearly 900 others, which are also put in there by the "supertrick"-tool and because of this I was asking if this is a false positiv of Spybot S&D.
The whole list in the hosts-file is marked with "#BEGIN of KL Supertrick" and "#END of KL Supertrick", and except this list there is only one entry: "127.0.0.1 localhost".

Regards
RollaCoasta

PS.: and thx also for the links, I always like to learn more :)

tashi
2005-10-27, 05:21
Hi there.
Glad you like the link, it is a helpful site. :)

I will try to find out about the one entry being flagged.

Cheers.

LonnyRJones
2005-10-27, 08:46
"Am I right, that this is a false positiv?"

Apparently so although i suggest you use winhelp2000 or SpyBots (or both)hosts file rather than that one.

Buster
2005-10-27, 17:00
This false positve will be fixed in the next update. ;)

RollaCoasta
2005-10-31, 14:35
This false positve will be fixed in the next update. ;)

I can confirm the fix, it's not flagged anymore :)
(You guys are really fast http://forums.spybot.info/images/icons/icon14.gif )

With kind regards
RollaCoasta