PDA

View Full Version : SpyBot don`t scan anymore, maybe bad things?

matrlx
2006-10-16, 23:27
Hello, I`m new and I`m from Brazil. I don`t really know what is causing this, a lot of people said that maybe I have a keylogger.

The problem is, I open the Spybot and when I click to scan, it shut down :x I have a website, and two days ago it got hacked (maybe a keylogger, because don`t have programming errors and the host said it wasn`t a invasion).

I use Windows XP Professional
For security: Avast! v4.7 Home Edition, Spybot v1.4 B2 and Peerguardian (all of the programs updated)
I don`t really installed new dangerous softwares but I deleted a .dll file that was in the IE path, I don`t remember the exact name of it, but started with G
I got scared because the guy took my password, but the msn, gmail and other stuff still ok.
This problem about spybot close when I put it to scan is not a new problem. But, the computer was fine and I didn`t put too much attention on the spybot problem.

What should I do ??

Thanks

sultan_emerr
2006-10-17, 05:30
Hi matrlx,
Welcome to the forum. Sorry about your problems. How far(what percentage) does SpyBot get to before it closes down. Do you have this problem with any other application. Have you updated your Windows XP Professional to Service Pack 2?

tashi
2006-10-17, 06:32
I use Windows XP Professional
For security: Avast! v4.7 Home Edition, Spybot v1.4 B2 and Peerguardian (all of the programs updated)

Hi there

SpyBot-S&D 1.4 Final was released some time ago, please uninstall Spybot v1.4 B2 and install 1.4 Final.

See:

Spybot-S&D Version 1.4 Download (http://www.spybot.info/en/download/index.html)

Uninstalling Previous Spybot-S&D (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/27.html)

Tutorial (http://www.spybot.info/en/tutorial/index.html)

After installing Spybot Version 1.4 Final

Close all browsers
Open SpyBot, check for and get any updates available
Check for problems and fix everything found in red
Then on the toolbar menu select mode and switch to advanced mode, on the left lower down select tools, and view report, ensure all the options are selected near the bottom except

Uncheck[ ] do not report disabled or known legitimate Items.
Uncheck[ ] Include a list of services in report.
Uncheck[ ] Include uninstall list in report.

Now select (near the top) view report.
Press export in the save in box choose a place such as your my documents folder, then in your next post near the bottom select the "browse" button; navigate to and attach or post that report.

Once we see a Spybot-S&D log we can further advise you.

If you are still unable to run a scan we will try something else, let us how how it goes.

Regards. :)

matrlx
2006-10-18, 23:08
Hey, Now I have no doubt that is a keylogger. I downloaded AD-Adware and it found some MRU files. I deleted all. After 1hour of working in computer, I scan again, and found more MRU files :x

I`ll download spybot, and try to find what is making this, because the AdAdware just find the MRU files =/

Do you think that still need to download Spybot ??

I uninstalled Avast too and Installed Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0, and uninstalled Peerguardian too.

This is the adware 3td log:

Created with Ad-Aware SE Personal, free for private use.
Using definitions file:SE1R128 18.10.2006
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

References detected during the scan:
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
MRU List(TAC index:0):5 total references
Tracking Cookie(TAC index:3):1 total references
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Ad-Aware SE Settings
===========================
FYI: Removed log, this is the Spybot-S&D support forum and we not analyse AAW logs. ;-)

Thanks