PDA

View Full Version : Spybot requires program restart to complete update

John_Azevedo
2006-10-17, 07:24
I've been using Spybot 1.4 since it was released, 1 or 2 years ago and it always worked fine, i did the update and it loaded the new definitions. Until mid 2006. Since then, every time I update, Spybot won't load the new definitions unless I restart the application. If I go to the Info & License it still displays the old definitions update date. Don't actually remember but supposedly if I went to Check For Problems it would do "nothing" and said it didn't have any definitions list or something.

So, I remember checking this forums and for what I read then the Restart was something regular(at least at that time) in the program functioning. Now I searched the forums, read all the FAQS and it isn't mencioned anywhere.

Is this some problem, trojan, etc? I've reinstalled (and formatted the system drive) Windows XP 2 ou 3 times since then, and at least 1 instalation was made with a fresh Spybot 1.4 download from the official site.

Apart from that everything seems to be working fine. (although I always have the same results... nothing found except for 3 Windows Security Center warnings (expected).

sultan_emerr
2006-10-17, 07:39
Hi John,
Welcome to the forum. Sorry about your problems.
Just to calrify; do you now have 13148 bad proucts blocked?

John_Azevedo
2006-10-17, 14:08
Well, something weird is happening, I came here clicking a link in a email message I received:

Dear John_Azevedo,

sultan_emerr has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Spybot requires program restart to complete update - in the Spybot-S&D forum of Safer Networking Forums.

This thread is located at:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=8140&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Hi John,
Welcome to the forum. Sorry about your problems.
Just to calrify; do you now have 13148 bad proucts blocked?

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
Safer Networking Forums

+++++++++++

But all I saw was my own first message. Going to the thread list it shows that there has been a reply:
Today 05:39 by sultan_emerr 1

But clicking there only my message appears. The same thing happens if I click the imediatly below thread: Computer not booting
L8u8k8e8 Today 05:30 by sultan_emerr 1

Only the first message appears. Also if i click on "sultan_emerr" it shows the first message poster's Profile, (mine or L8u8k8e8) instead of sultan_emerr's. Also tried doing a member search for sultan_emerr and nothing found.

_____--------------_______

Response to sultan_emerr: I only have 10746 bad products blocked.

John_Azevedo
2006-10-18, 04:12
Now i can see sultan_emerr's messages and profile.

If anyone can help or give me alink to a site where this startup thing is explained thanks in advance. Couldn't find anything not even in Google.

Sorry about the excessive posting but i can't edit the posts.