PDA

View Full Version : Startup screen display

mazda
2006-10-18, 12:52
I'm new, retired and slow! I've only found out how to make a post - I hope!
Having installed Spybot version 1.4, every time the computer boots up, there appears on the screen for a few seconds, about 10 message "tickets" stating that a registry change has been allowed.
Is this a feature to be expected or have I done something wrong?

spybotsandra
2006-10-18, 13:05
Hello,

This are notifications from the resident TeaTimer of Spybot Search and Destroy.

The TeaTimer is making snapshot files when you start it the first time and the tool is comparing the current registry with the snapshot files.
If you want to make a new snapshot files please shutdown the TeaTimer with the Resident icon and then start it manually from the Spybot S&D program folder.
There is no possibility yet to hide the popups which remind you which keys are blocked. As a workaround, you can only make new snap shot files.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

mazda
2006-10-18, 13:51
Thank you for replying Sandra.
If I understand you correctly, it is normal for these tickets to appear. They are in view for only a few seconds which does not allow one to assess the information given. In other words, if they contain a warning there is not time to act on it.
I am therefore prompted to ask what is their function?
Many thanks in advance if you would trouble to get back to me again!

captain_gut
2006-10-19, 12:23
As Sandra said, they are rather notifications than warnings. They inform you that a certain change was allowed/denied. These notifications only appear once you've chosen "Remember this decision" for that warning.
If you're not sure whether your decision was right, you can remove the decision from TeaTimer's Black/White List. Just right-click the TeaTimer icon in the System Tray and go to the Settings - there have a look at the allowed/blocked registry changes and remove them from that list if you think you made a wrong decision. Now, you will be given choice again the next time the change is about to happen.
If you think all remembered decisions are correct just create new snapshot files as Sandra explained.

mazda
2006-10-20, 21:54
Thanks to you too, captain.
I think I'm beginning to understand what's going on. Have now created a new snapshot file and that, of course, cleared the startup screen curiosity!
Many thanks.