PDA

View Full Version : Got Infected

¤ŠoŠ¤
2006-10-20, 12:49
:sad: when i installed a program called ''spyware detector" i got a messiger im infected with melware and adware can you guys have a look at the program Please. Chears Lip :sad:

tashi
2006-10-20, 17:23
Hello

Could we see a log please, this program was taken off the Rogue list.
Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites (http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#notes)

If it is exhibiting the behaviour you describe it will be reported.

Spybot-S&D version 1.4
Version 1.4 :Systems Supported (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd/index.html)

Close all browsers
Open SpyBot, check for and get any updates available
Check for problems and fix everything found in red
Then on the toolbar menu select mode and switch to advanced mode, on the left lower down select tools, and view report, ensure all the options are selected near the bottom except

Uncheck[ ] do not report disabled or known legitimate Items.
Uncheck[ ] Include a list of services in report.
Uncheck[ ] Include uninstall list in report.

Now select (near the top) view report.
Press export in the save in box choose a place such as your my documents folder, then in your next post near the bottom select the "browse" button; navigate to and attach or post that report.

alvis
2006-10-24, 13:15
I too am concerned about the findings of Spyware Detector which I tried this week. It identified MyWaySA as a high threat. I removed MyWay using the add/remove facility but Spyware Detector is still finding MyWaySA (high rating) and 9 related worms (medium rating).

LonnyRJones
2006-10-25, 05:00
Myway programs are a minor annoyance

Did you even look at the information posted ?

Spy Detector spydetector.net questionable license terms; flawed, high pressure scan detection & results [A: 7-24-04 / U: 7-24-04]

Personaly I would be more worried about it that myway

LonnyRJones
2006-10-25, 07:49
Sorry wrong Information
Spyware Detector not Spy Detector

Correct information:
Note on Spyware Detector: Spyware Detector was listed on this page because of concerns with false positives. Testing with the latest version of Spyware Detector indicates that the problems with earlier versions have been satisfactorily resolved. Thus, we can no longer consider Spyware Detector to be "rogue/suspect" anti-spyware.
[A: 7-10-05 / U: 1-10-06]