PDA

View Full Version : Updates..HELP!

Shelley
2006-10-23, 06:18
Hi I am using Spybot Version 1.4 and up till recently have just been updating single detection rules as they became available or when I needed to check for spyware. I am not running tea timer, etc. Now, I when I went to update, a list of quite a few detection rules are available. Most of them are from October 13th..example: Detection rules: Dialers or Detection rules: Hijackers, Keyloggers,Malware,Pups, Security, spybots,Trojans. Is it necessary for me to download all of these or is it ok if I just download the most recent one (As I have usually been doing) that states: "Detection rules: Update..Most up-to-date detections(306 KB)".. October 20th, 2006 ? I would rather keep it as simple as possible. Why are there so may detection rules on October 13th? If anyone can explain I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks a bunch,
Shelley

laopa
2006-10-23, 09:11
Hi,

I was also a bit phased by this "new format"? I have also has some problems with SBS&D after this update but that seems to be fixed now after downloading the update from the 20th October.

For me, it could also have been a conflict issue with another freeware program I just installed called Spyware Terminator, but that is in another thread.

Why the change is update format to SBS&D is the question here?

I think the defined problems count is also yoyoing with these latest updates?

laopa

spybotsandra
2006-10-23, 12:02
Hello,

With our current detection rules from the 2006/10/13 we have improved our update files.
This should avoid the server problems that we had in the past, when millions of users tried to download the updates at the same time. With this improvement of the update file size the update progress itself should be much quicker and with less problems. :-)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Shelley
2006-10-24, 17:13
Thank you all for your support and explanations , I appreciate it very much!
Did the updates and all is well.
Take care!
Sincerely,
Shelley