PDA

View Full Version : SpywareBot vs Spybot

cwtlr
2006-10-23, 20:49
I have many files labled as "SpywareBot", that have within them files labled as SpyBot. Example:
C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application Data\SpyBot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\SpywareBOT10.zip

Are these files from an old program I had called SpywareBot, or they good files that I need for SpyBot? Or, are the two programs one in the same?
thanks,
cwtlr

Zenobia
2006-10-23, 21:27
No,the two programs aren't one and the same.
The example you posted is showing that SpywareBot10.zip is in Spybot-Search and Destroy's recovery folder.The Recovery folder is where Spybot keeps backups of things it's removed,in case you ever have to recover anything.(If you open Spybot->Recovery,you'll see the things it's backed-up.)So,if the files you're seeing are all in the Recovery folder,it looks like Spybot-S&D removed Spywarebot,and those are the backups.

C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application Data\SpyBot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\SpywareBOT10.zip

Spywarebot is on the rogue anti-spyware page:
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

noel-pr7
2006-10-24, 00:40
I have many files labled as "SpywareBot", that have within them files labled as SpyBot. Example:

Are these files from an old program I had called SpywareBot, or they good files that I need for SpyBot? Or, are the two programs one in the same?
thanks,
cwtlr

I recommend that you delete the SpywareBOT10.zip file and remove ALL traces of the Spywarebot tool.

cwtlr
2006-10-24, 18:35
Thank you for your reply. I got rid of the stuff in Recovery. Now I know what to do next time.
cwtlr