PDA

View Full Version : slowdown and internet activity at 5144 tango dialer

rjgrjg
2006-10-25, 06:24
i've checked the forum and no one has posted this question....

why does s&d pause briefly at 5144 Tango Dialer, then appear as if it is accessing the internet before it continues finishing the scan - which it does fine.

everything is normal after that now, though i did have to do a complete uninstall, re-install recently as the app continually hung during the fixing process.

rjgrjg
2006-10-25, 23:04
it's actually 4155 tango dialer, not 5144... my bad dyslexic state

rjgrjg
2006-10-27, 22:08
??? no replies????

FYI - adaware found a reg key it id'd as error safe and deleted it.... spybot snd has this in its dbase, but never found it.

spybotsandra
2006-10-30, 09:58
Hello,

In case you are using a dated version of Spybot-S&D, as a first solution, please download the latest version Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4. This should fix the problem. You will find links to several download locations for this new version on our web site:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
Please search for new updates after installing Spybot S&D 1.4.

If this doesn't help please delete the contents of your Windows temp folder and try it again: For that purpose, please run Spybot-S&D and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode". Now select "Tools" --> "Secure Shredder" from the navigation bar on the left. There select "Add files from temp folder" from the drop down menu on the top (hit the small arrow next to templates). Then "Chop it away!"

You can also try the following:
- select "Settings" --> "Settings" in the navigation bar on the left and untick the checkbox in front of "display confirmation dialogs"
- exit Spybot-S&D so the settings are saved
- run Spybot-S&D and "Check for problems" again

Expect it to run slowly, it appears to hang. Please be patient - it should clear with the problems fixed.

If it still doesn't work please select "Settings" --> "Settings" from the toolbar on the left. In the section "Main settings" please untick the checkbox in front of "Create system restore point when fixing spyware/usage tracks".

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

rjgrjg
2006-11-04, 03:37
did the above.... still a delay on tango dialer though now tango dialer is 4167 not 4155 with the new updates... it happens at other places too, where it appears to go somewhere online to see if it should continue checking, but that's the first place where it stalls a bit.

the excludes directory shows nothing to be excluded.

it never really finds anything besides tracks and activity logs, which should be fine, except for the fact that errorsafe was found by adaware. it makes me think that spybot itself isn't werkin right.

i've deleted all backup, recovery, and log files pretty much after every scan, in case they are being referenced by s-n-d during scan...

still the delay at tango dialer, and others.

hank freid news
2008-06-24, 10:56
In my opinion, you can check the excludes directory shows nothing to be excluded.

drragostea
2008-06-24, 16:18
In my opinion, you can check the excludes directory shows nothing to be excluded.

Please do not post on threads more than 1 year old.

Start your own if you have questions.