PDA

View Full Version : "Exclude from further searches" greyed out

webwiz
2006-10-30, 10:52
Spybot is reporting that Windows Security Centre is disabled. As this was done by Norton AV 2006 I do not want it reported. When I right click on the report the option "Exclude this detection from further searches" is greyed out. How do I stop it being reported?

spybotsandra
2006-10-30, 12:56
Hello,

After a scan with Spybot

* Expand the detection if necessary (+ to the left of the detection).
* Select the item (entry) that you want to exclude by left clicking on it to highlight it.
* Then right click on highlighted detection.
* Select from the list of options in the menu.

If you would like to do it this way Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Ignore products > Security tab and check the items there. Make sure you are checking the correct items, don't check all of them You can drag the PRODUCT section to ensure you see the full path.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

webwiz
2006-10-30, 14:15
Thanks Sandra.

I can't be the only one who falls into the trap of right clicking (as instructed!) without first left clicking. I suggest you make this clear in the instructions - first left then right click

md usa spybot fan
2006-10-30, 19:14
webwiz:

The way the right click context menu works in Spybot's "Check for problems" results listing ("Problems") is really no different than many other right click context menus.

In Windows Explorer for example, if you do not select any files the right click context menu applies to the entire list. If you select (highlight) one or more files than the right click context menu reflects different options that are available for the selected item(s).

This is a portion of the Spybot's help facility for scanning:

Scanning your system

You can now select the problems you want to fix, by clicking the checkbox in front of it, or by selecting all using the button Select all problems (this button will only be available in advanced mode by enabling the expert button setting). More selection options are available if you look into the context menu (by right-clicking a problem). The context menu will also allow you to exclude single problems or whole products from further scans (you may later change the exclude settings in the settings section/Ignore...). Another option the context menu offers is to copy or export the result list or a full report.

Perhaps you would like to help by supplying alternative wording that is more descriptive.