PDA

View Full Version : Spybot Slows Boot

Geo Holyhart
2006-10-31, 23:49
After running spybot, when I restart my PC it takes EXTREMELY long (like 15mins) to fully load up. It's always stuck the longest showing the wallpaper, then about 5 minutes after the startup sound plays and 10 mins after that the taskbar and icons show up. Even after all this the internet connection doesn't work anymore.

This has happened to me several times on my new desktop: Windows XP SP2; e-machine. I simply stopped using spybot on my desktop and thought that was last of that. But recently I decided to use it on my new Toshiba laptop running Windows XP SP2 and the same exact thing happened. Problem is my notebook is from Rent-a-Center and I don't have the restore disk and they said that Toshiba doesn't send them any for some reason and I really don't wanna have to send it in for repairs.

This still occurs even after I have uninstalled Spybot. I have not posted a Hijack report because I'm pretty sure this isn't any kind of infection, but a problem with spybot. I'd appreciate any help I get on this topic.

PS: I have searched through the forums many times for any similar problems and solutions to no avail.