PDA

View Full Version : Leftovers on a pretty badly infected computer

moira
2006-11-01, 12:42
Hi,
My antivirus expired without me noticing so I've been without one for a few days. I now use the McAfee protection offered by my ISP. (telefonica, I'm in Spain). I have been scanning online with Kaspersky and using S&D, and most of the errors I got have cleared.

However, I've noticed my homepage on Internet explorer cannot be changed.

Adaware comes up with nothing and S&D always comes up with three problems:

Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter_disabled: Configuración (Cambio en el registro, nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\wscsvc\Start!=W=2
Microsoft.Windows.ActiveDesktop: Configuración del usuario (Cambio en el registro, nothing done)
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1708537768-412668190-1801674531-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop\NoHTMLWallPaper!=W=1
Smitfraud-C.: Configuración (Clave del registro, nothing done)
KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinOpts

I posted here last year and your help was invaluable!! :bigthumb: I appreciate any help I can get.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Moira

pskelley
2006-11-04, 13:24
Hello Moira and welcome back to the forum, in case this proceedure has changed, you would need to read and follow the instructions in this link to provide the information I would need to see if I can help:
"BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps and scanning with SPYBOT-S&D
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

This information: UPDATED WINDOWS - Your first line of defence, links and tips http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=425 is also very important as is all Pinned information placed there for your benefit. Please follow the instructions in those links and post the information requested, using "Post Reply" to stay in this same topic. I will repond as soon as possible after you post.

Thanks

LonnyRJones
2006-11-12, 08:10
Due to lack of responses this thread is closed
If you still need assistance a new log will be needed, send me or Tashi a PM (personal message) and we will re-open it.