PDA

View Full Version : Beware of iPod *Help* Software, still p2p

keikoasmom
2006-11-03, 03:47
:sad: I just bought my husband and myself an iPod. The instructions were minimal, and I wanted to get back to my online game, so I ran a search about downloading iPod music and iPod info (I know...it's all there on the iPod website-be nice, I'm a noob!) what I got was four shareware programs. One is p2p, MP#Rocket. And needless to say, p2p was what caused my last 2 PCs to crash.

My son helped me build this one, and monster gamer PC with two awesome vidoe cards. Now I haven't been able to play for 3 days. My son is not speaking to me. I uninstalled all of the software, ran Spybot, TrendMicron, Registry Mechanic and Magical Defrag (by Ashampoo) and still had pop-ups. BTW, the "song" I downloaded was #6. no info, and when it opened, MP3Rocket said it was corrupt. But too late.

Now I tried two pop-up programs and they caused crashes or the combination did. So I got Windows Defender, but it doesn't run all the time. I just had a freeze (haven't had ANY PROBLEMS with this PC since I got it last May, till now. Boy am I stupid. :sad: What good is 70Gb if you can't get online?

Anyway, I rebooted (had to use the button, nothing responded) and ran Spybot (8 programs), Registry Mechanic and everything seems good...Haven't played the game yet...but some of the spyware keeps coming up. Myar, TagAsaurur, MediaPlex, win32.trafficsol.c and when I first started it, there was an AUDIO commercial on. I wanted to scream!!!!!

Is there any hope?

PS(My other PCs also had my company books on them...hope I never get audited, somehow the backups have been corrupted..)
Linda in CO

tashi
2006-11-03, 04:12
Hello
Please follow the instructions in our 'sticky' topic to get a HJT log:
"BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps and scanning with SPYBOT-S&D (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then a helper will assist you as soon as available to do so. :)

tashi
2006-11-07, 20:03
As the information requested in the forum procedure has not been posted, this topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread; this applies only to the original topic starter.